How do you get this effect?

Layers. Go lightly at first and add till you get the shade you like. I adjust during my washes. Better to start off light then to have to correct it lol.

3 Likes

I’m like @DDDolly and use powders for all of my blushing, in my opinion it’s so much easier to control and get the exact shade and placement you’re going for. The only thing I paint are skin tones, washes and the little end details like capillaries everything else is all powders.

4 Likes

I wonder if she does use the powders, it almost looks like the blushing and yellow tones could be powders. There is also a method called dry brushing, don’t know if u heard of it? But it is good for a nice dark blushing like shown in the pics.

2 Likes

If you save your cosmetic sponges with the blushing color on it you can rub it in certain areas and it will add color such as this. The more blush your sponge has “stored” in it the better it blushes.

8 Likes

What colors do you recommend? I’m interested in trying these PanPastels but just want to start with a couple single colors to try but not sure what will work best.

4 Likes

What colors do you find works best for creases and shading for ethnic skin tones? There is just so much to choose from :wink:

2 Likes

does anyone have a link to these powders? and which color is appropriate for blushing? thanks!

2 Likes

You’ve been such a huge help! What do you mix in your sealer mist to hold the powders in place? I’ve seen you mention this before but I don’t remember seeing what products you actually used.

2 Likes

@DDDolly
I’m looking at the Set of 20 Portrait Colors. Heres a list of the colors, do you think this would work for a good starter set?

Portrait Colors, Set of 20

Burnt Sienna 740.5
Burnt Sienna Shade 740.3
Burnt Sienna Tint 740.8
Chromium Oxide Green Shade 660.3
Diarylide Yellow Shade 250.3
Neutral Gray 820.5
Orange Tint 280.8
Paynes Gray 840.3
Permanent Red 340.5
Permanent Red Tint 340.8
Raw Umber 780.5
Raw Umber Shade 780.3
Raw Umber Tint 780.8
Red Iron Oxide Shade 380.3
Red Iron Oxide Tint 380.8
Titanium White 100.5
Turquoise Shade 580.3
Ultramarine Blue Shade 520.3
Violet Tint 470.8
Yellow Ochre Tint 270.8

I would need to add the Phthalo Blue, and I’d probably add black and a couple of the magenta colors.

EDIT: The description also says…
Sets of 20 include three Sofft Art Sponges, 10 Sofft Covers, three Sofft Mini Applicators, two Sofft Knives, and four storage jars.

2 Likes

How much was this order? @DDDolly what is soft touch sealer?

1 Like

Believe it or not, I use genesis red for my blushing. I have it very thin and I begin applying it early on.

8 Likes

Looks great!!! I’ll try it! :kiss:

1 Like

I use it too, it’s awesome!

3 Likes

I also use the AR strawberry…you just need a small amount…!

2 Likes

Dry brushing is where u take a tiny bit of paint straight out of the jar, spread it thin onto a plate or something and then take a dry scrubby brush and dip it into the paint on the plate and then use that brush to kinda scrub on the color. CORA has a how to video about it

2 Likes

I got a few AR paints and I use them straight out of the jar too I love them! I haven’t gotten strawberry yet but need to!

I have been using the Strawberry but recently purchased the Vintage Blossom and Sweet heart Rose. I have been painting this weekend and used the Sweetheart Rose and it is beautiful. It looks great on the feet and hands. In the AR paint I also bought the mottling colors. I am not sure if I like them or not. It may be that I don’t know how to really use them. My mottling is not good regardless of what I try.

2 Likes

I have the sweetheart rose and the vintage too! I haven’t tried them yet! I heard the vintage would be nice on aa dolls. I put a couple trial size sets in the traveling pants boxes… I don’t think anyone picked them yet! Let me know what you think of the vintage blossom when you try them!

1 Like

Did you buy the peaches and cream? I don’t have that one yet.

1 Like

Yes! I like it! It’s really peachy lol or a nice soft pink! I think @ABC1234 uses the peach a lot!

2 Likes