How do you feel about it?

I cringe every time I see something like that. Those cutted mouths with hollow heads crips me out.
How do you feel about it?

4 Likes

I hate it! I wish people would stop doing it. It looks bad and ruins the doll IMO

4 Likes

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I cringe!

1 Like

I do not like it at all but thatā€™s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Gross

1 Like

It majorly creeps me out. I get very mad when people say our dolls look dead, but this is the feeling I get from mouths that are opened like this :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Are these dolls cut to look like this after the sale, or is this a copied kit that is made this way?

1 Like

This BB kits that so called ā€˜reborn artistsā€™ cut so they can put full pacifier or a finger into a mouth.
I am wondering how long it takes till vinyl cracks?

3 Likes

OH! That is terrible. To cut it like that has to weaken the vinyl. Besides who wants to see a huge, gaping hole when they hold a reborn? I agree ā€“ it is gross, creepy and all the other things!

1 Like

Yeah, I feel bad insulting other artists work but none of these dolls with cut mouths look well painted. They donā€™t really have any kind of detailing on them, but they are sold really cheap too. Why not just a magnetic pacifier? OR get a kit that can take a full paci. I donā€™t get it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really feel any specific way about it, if it makes someone happy and itā€™s their property it doesnā€™t seem worth thinking twice about. Some people see realistic dolls and automatically get creeped to the high heavens, some see an open mouth and canā€™t stand it, and for me those milkspot things make me a little nauseous - different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like it at all, it looks so fake and like it might continue to crack open. My opinion

2 Likes

Iā€™ll see if I can find photos - I did this on a Lulu kit once, it ended horribly. Cut was nice and clean at first, and it was great! She could take a full pacifier. It looked pretty normal from the outside since her mouth was already opened. After about a month, her mouth started to crack at the back. I put her away, and came back to her after a year or two. Just from sitting in a box through the changing temperatures of the seasons, her mouth had turned into a huge mess. Big cracks all through the roof of her mouth, and if her mouth was squeezed you could see the vinyl starting to split and peel at the corners. This is without even using the mouth! Not a good idea, itā€™s a guaranteed way to ruin a reborn.

8 Likes

I think it looks very fake. Plus, Iā€™ve seen what happens when you keep putting pacifiers and bottles in there. At first it just starts gaping and then it tears out. Like a joker smile.
I feel like cutting the mouth open ruins all the work you put into the doll.

3 Likes

Permanently open mouth kits like Celeste or Eloisa (Eloisa is a bit more popular but not much) arenā€™t popular because they look weird without a pacifier. So the only real option for display is with a paci all the time and some people donā€™t prefer that look. Celeste for example looks like sheā€™s gagging or throwing up. And Eloisaā€™s mouth looks fake, like those play baby dolls that come with the weird hard toy pacifier and have a circle for a mouth.

3 Likes

I hate the cut mouths. If itā€™s someoneā€™s keeper baby, fine, do with it as you wish, but to offer it as a sale baby? Not for me. I just think even at cheap prices say $150 for the doll, thatā€™s still alot of money to most people and eventually itā€™ll tear more and more and be ruined.
Plus most sellers I see that do this will post something along these lines ā€œbuying a doll with a cut mouth could cause issues later down the line and I am NOT responsible for damagesā€ā€¦ So itā€™s like if you KNOW itā€™ll most likely cause issues later, why do it? I get its easier for pacis, just buy one and use it but I personally wouldnā€™t spend a dime on a doll with a cut mouth, no matter the price or cuteness. Iā€™ve declined buying cheap kits from someone because they cut the mouth.
Just not worth it in my opinion, just make a magnet paci and save the damage

5 Likes

I was just about to ask why would someone want to cut the mouth like so. :woman_facepalming:t4:

Yeah, itā€™s just hard to get them to look realistic, and most of them still donā€™t even take an unmodified pacifier even with an open mouth so there isnā€™t really a point.

2 Likes

Personally I wouldnā€™t do it. But itā€™s really up to the artist and buyer.

1 Like