How do you engage with reborns?

I have loved dolls all of my life. I collected a few before I started painting/collecting reborns. Most of them Alternatives are on display but I always have one that I keep close for snuggles and hugs when I am missing my loved ones that have crossed over. Those are rotated. All of them have at least 4 outfits that are stored in boxes/bins that correlate with the season or holiday. Except the ones needed for Therapy they have quite a few outfits, lol. I don’t take them out or take pics of them. Most of them stay in my Craft Room.

5 Likes

I have a couple in my room in a bassinet that just lay there most of the time. I see them every day, probably admire how pretty they are once every couple of weeks or so… Once in a while I will pick the up, change their clothes, take photos of them… Once in a great while I will hold one for quite a while to cope with my more difficult days. My daughter used to really enjoy reborn outings for reactions, but we haven’t done that in about a year. Overall, I’d have to say that my absolute favorite way to interact with them is to change their clothes. Sometimes I will take one from the crib in my daughters room for the day (most of the time, the first one I painted) and change its clothes and cuddle it for a bit. Being a 3/4 limb and one of my heavier works, I love the way it feels in my arms.

6 Likes

I just love to look at them. They amaze me.

7 Likes

I engage with mine by painting them. :grin: I’m not really a collector, although I am making a few to keep as examples of my work and to decorate my bed. I do enjoy looking at them when complete.

9 Likes

I am both a collector and an amateur artist. I’d like to think all of my babies look different, or at least have a style specific to their artist. I really enjoy seeing them all together. It really is art to me, but functional art.

I do hold them and change their clothes. And I can’t say I hold them infrequently; I hold them usually after work when I’m winding down or if I’m just chillin on my couch. I take one to my family’s if I visit if I know it’s not a big deal to them. I play pranks with them. I use them to channel my shopping fun; I buy a lot of clothes for babies who will never grow or dirty them. :rofl: I used to buy my dogs a lot of clothes. Now I switched to the babies. I like taking pictures of them although they look redundant eventually. :joy:

8 Likes

@RosieCait I’m Sure your dogs appreaticate this. :joy:
I love all your group baby pictures!!! They are my favorite!!! I am so excited for your new addition!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

IKR? Then, I have another one who just will NOT wake up! Kind of worrying. Haven’t had her to the doc yet. Don’t know what he would say. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hahaha!!! Let us know the prognosis!

3 Likes

Sure! IF I ever get the nerve up to take her in. You know – Moms just don’t always like what the docs say about our little angels. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They do greatly appreciate it. They are tolerant creatures :rofl:

4 Likes

I only have one keeper baby,for now lol :joy:
But I don’t really do anything with him in terms of roleplaying or whatever. I dress him in the morning for his day clothes then he stays in a swing in the living room,then at night he gets PJs then placed in the crib. Granted he has two huge boxes of clothes lol :joy:
I take photos sometimes especially after getting new outfits.
The 10+ kits blank I have in boxes labeled with their bodies/eyes etc.
The 4 currently on my painting table stay there until done.
The last finished baby I had stays dressed in the stroller until she finds her momma. (Little miss Tink finally found her home!!:heart:)
When I have finished babies waiting, they get dressed in a outfit I feel looks best for their coloring, usually gender neutral, they are laid in a crib and left alone, in my nursery/art room where only I really go lol

3 Likes

I dress occasionally but cuddle quite a bit. My doll is more of a theropy doll for me. I’m so paranoid about messing him up with all the extra cuddles so unless I am taking pictures of him I have him all swaddled up.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to share! I’m sorry I’m not responding to each person individually, but I am reading your responses, and they all make me smile! I’m so glad to know that a lot of you snuggle and have fun with your babies. Yes, they’re art, and so should be admired and handled with care, but they’re also meant to be hugged and kissed like real babies! I’m also glad to know that I’m not the only one who goes a little overboard with clothes. It’s just too much fun, I can’t stop! My reborns have officially taken over my closet, and I wouldn’t have it any other way :grin:

3 Likes

I dress mine, fix their hair, sometimes put them in the baby swing with the music on.

4 Likes

Oh boy, you sound exactly like me! I would love to say that’s a compliment but I don’t think it is…sorry! Even up to your son moving out and taking over his room. My son moved out then my daughter. I took over the spare bedroom and she moved back. What a mess! Have a back up plan and be careful, it just means you have more room to buy more kits :astonished:

4 Likes

Lol if they move back they get the couch :wink:

4 Likes

I have a boomerang kid - so the spare room is never really spare enough to set up a working space

2 Likes