How do you engage with reborns?

Like most of us, I go through phases of really loving my reborns and being so engaged with the hobby. Other times, I feel uninspired and don’t interact with them much. How do you spend time with your reborns? What are your favorite activities to do with them? How do you engage with the community? I’m not big on social media, but I’m thinking of joining Facebook and/or instagram to have a dedicated space for reborns. I love being on this forum and interacting with so many great people, and I’m craving more of that.

I would love to hear YOUR favorite ways of spending time with your reborns. Please share! :blush:

4 Likes

I watch TV with mine, go for walks, go for drives, hold when I’m anxious, take photos and post on Instagram…

3 Likes

I do nothing with them. I use them as models for my crochet or sewing. I enjoy looking at them. Sometimes I hold them a bit, before or after try clothes on them. But I don’t feel the need to interact or pretend or anything. I take them out only to provoque réactions :yum: and maybe advertise them !

I keep some of them for me but I really see them as art, so for me it’s like admiring a painting or a sculpture.

10 Likes

I have one that I like the most. Sylvia (Easton sculpt). She was the first one I made. Not a real work of art, but she is still my favorite. I like to change her clothing for the different seasons. For instance, now she is dressed for the 4th of July. I do hold her at times, and snuggle her. Sometimes, I sit with her and hold her. She does bring a certain amount of comfort at those times. Most of the time, though, she stays on the sofa, sleeping sweetly. :slight_smile: I can NOT get her to wake up! LOLOLOL

8 Likes

I have several reborns 15 to 21 inches in length. I have them lined up on a love-seat so that I can see them often and they inspire me to create unique, beautiful crochet clothing to sell in my Etsy shop. I love every one of these dolls as my sister Marydi (Mary DiStefano St. Louis) painted them especially for me. As you all know, she is a fabulous art doll artist and I am blessed to have such beautiful models.

11 Likes

I don’t engage with dolls. I make them to sell them. I do enjoy dressing them for pictures. But that’s all.

5 Likes

I don’t do anything with them, I make them and my mom sells them :heart:

5 Likes

Mine are on display just to look at and enjoy. I pick them up and hold them every once in awhile but mostly I just like to see them. I do have a favorite doll that I change clothes on with changing seasons. She was painted by Julie (Jubilee doll nursery)

6 Likes

I’m loving reading everyone’s replies! It’s very interesting to me how we are all so different but enjoy the same hobby :smile: like a lot of you were saying, I like to change mine and cuddle them sometimes, but they’re mostly left on display.
Maybe I’ll start making clothes and/or accessories. I’ve been wanting to make something personal for my dolls, so keep the great ideas coming ladies!

6 Likes

I have a few that just WON’T go to sleep! :rofl:

7 Likes

I am mostly an artist but I do have a couple in my collection that I made! Two I kept because they win awards and one was the first baby I made for myself :slight_smile: I used to do so much with them! Like take them everywhere and snuggle them and when I was around 14 I would keep one in my bed if I was home alone for the night! Now they are mostly on display but I do break them out every once in a while to take pictures and dress them

7 Likes

I don’t collect, but I do enjoy taking pictures of them. I do have a couple keepers in my stash that I haven’t made. However, I am not sure once I get them done I will actual keep them. The most enjoyment I get is watching other people buy and enjoy them.

6 Likes

Same here, I don’t have any of my own, I don’t collect. I love the art of them. I love to admire a finished doll. I love to dress them for photos. And then it’s off to the new Mommy and I’m on to the next one :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve also been really enjoying dressing and photographing my dolls! They’re so much fun to admire.

4 Likes

I just dress them up and look at them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like to sometimes do reborn outings with my sister purely for reactions. I have Thomas sleeping and I even bought him a joovy car seat. It’s a toy but a very realistic looking one and fits him okay. I’ve been scolded for having him too close to a work site because of the dust! :joy: Other wise I have my very first one, a sad looking thing, in a seat as well at home and one in a wicker basket. I also have a Juan I straight up ruined that I need to take apart and strip. I have him half hidden and it’s kind of creepy. People just come in and see half a toddler sticking out. Something else to explain…

6 Likes

I start painting them get discouraged, toss em in a bin, start two more. Maybe start rooting get discouraged toss em in a bin.

I have four put together the first and second I painted both bald, third one I finished completely rooted etc and one I bought from Estelle. They are all hanging out in my studio waiting to model my props should I be so inspired :rofl:

I’m on the fence about my sons moving out because then I will have a nursery and a craft room. I admit I’ve spent a few minutes here and there decorating the nursery in my mind :wink:

6 Likes

I dress them up and display them. Occasionally one will look so cute that I’ll just pick him up for a minute, but that’s it. Back on the shelf he goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

How fun! At ROSE last year when leaving the hotel, the man who rode in the elevator with us thought my Chase was real. He said “he’s a very good sleeper!” And my mom and I just laughed and laughed once he got off :smile:

5 Likes

Maybe a nursery/craft room is just what you need to be inspired enough to finish the ones you’ve started! I know how fun it is to decorate a nursery, especially when you’re only limited by your mind!

4 Likes