How do you deal with someone you don’t wanna sale too?

I listed my June on some of the fab groups for sale. I hadn’t posted my dolls in the groups for a while. This one person responded last year or so when I had a doll listed. She wanted more pictures, asked questions. Which I answered. She never brought a doll. She has messaged me several times asking me do I have any ethnic dolls for sale. I directed her to reborns.com. She still never brought a doll. Now she asking if June is still available? She is, but I prefer not to sale to her. I actually don’t think she is gonna buy her. How would you handle it?

I would say yes and direct her to reborns.com and just not respond to a bunch of time wasting.

2 Likes

I haven’t listed her on reborn.com yet. I gotta get more photos of her. Hopefully I can get her listed tomorrow or Tuesday.

If you haven’t listed her yet just tell her she’s not for sale. Because she’s not…yet. She may start again once the listing is up but you might get a break until then.

2 Likes

Depends on how badly you need her sold, I guess

2 Likes

The first gut feeling about a buyer usually wins .
If you feel she is difficult don’t sell to them . No money is better then loosing the whole baby and deal with PayPal etc. ( you don’t need the stress )
Feel free to list it and don’t reply to her.
If she buys it and messages you and again you feel she I should difficult then refund her . Wish her good luck to find another baby .

3 Likes

Not bad at all.

Yeah, I feel like she would be a difficult buyer. I read through our previous messages n I don’t wanna deal with her.

1 Like

if it is on a FB, tell her she might be pending, will let her know if/when she becomes available, then ban her from your nursery page, and block her. No sale is worth dealing with a bad buyer. We should always trust our “inner voice” it can save you so much stress, and also free up your dolls for good buyers

2 Likes

I agree. Thank you

2 Likes

I have someone like this contact me about every single doll I make. Always asking for a lower price. I refuse, she agrees to pay the full price. I tell her shipping cost, she asks to lower the price again. I refuse. She agrees, I get ready to send the invoice and she says something along the lines of “I only have 100$, can I have it for that” and then I say no and ignore her. Now at this point I just say no and don’t engage with her anymore. She’s asked about custom orders and I tell her I don’t do them even though that isn’t true. She’s just bad news and will never end up paying so it’s not worth it. Just move on! That bad feeling is usually a good indicator of whether or not it’ll work out.

1 Like

Literally just after I posted this she messages me about Journey. Not even responding.

2 Likes

Smh, I would block her

2 Likes

Yup, I’ve tried in the past but the app is so sensitive. You have to slide the convo to bring up a little menu that has delete or block but it’s so sensitive that it usually ends up deleting before I can click block. Frustrating for sure. Ive listed some dolls for really cheap like 250$ CAD and she’s begged to lower the price. If you can’t afford that you don’t need a reborn! I’ve directed her to reborns.com where she could find a cheap doll probably but I don’t think she has otherwise she wouldn’t be bothering me all the time.

1 Like

I would tell her, I’m not lowering any of my prices. The prices are firm. So please stop asking me to lower my prices. I do not and will not respond to request to lower offers.

2 Likes

I’ve tried, doesn’t work. Feels like a child or teen to me but I’m not sure. Grammar and spelling are bad and she seems immature. I just ignore it now.

1 Like

I was wondering if it was a child.

Probably is. People can be so difficult. It’s not worth the difficulty. If it doesn’t feel right just move on, that’s what I’ve done. I don’t care if they get upset now, if it happens once then I’ll explain why I can’t lower it and offer a payment plan. If it keeps happening they get told no and then ignored.

1 Like