How do you deal with pushy, demanding customers?

I sell a few things on eBay, mostly dolls and accessories from my collection. This woman keeps contacting me about a doll that I have listed, demanding that I give her a discount because there is some damage to the doll (which I took into account when pricing her). She badgered me for two hours a couple of days ago, and now she’s at it again! Is there any way I can choose not to sell to her at all? Should I contact eBay?

Stand your ground and tell her the price is what it is. Tell her your time is spent working and you can’t be tied up with constant messaging.

5 Likes

Send her a message back saying ‘the price is what it is madam, take it or leave it’. She isn’t obliged to buy your doll and you aren’t obliged to knock the price of it down for her :slightly_smiling_face:. If you don’t want to sell to her add her to your blocked buyer/bidder list.

4 Likes

Just tell her that your price is firm, you’re not willing to lower it any more than you already have, and she should probably look elsewhere to find one in her price range.

1 Like

If you already marked down because of a boo boo then explain to her and move on . Consider that you have to pay eBay fees and maybe PayPal or other fees as well . If she dose not likes your price she can just move on .
I do appreciate people making offers and negotiate , but sometimes they offer 50% less then asking price which is insulting. Asking 5-10% the max is reasonable

1 Like

Also I have a stroller listed on local marketplace $ 195 and I have offers of $100 ( it is a high quality stroller ) because their in a budget . Well then search for those that are around your price range !! So I sometimes don’t like people :joy:

2 Likes

If they’re on a budget, that’s their problem, not yours.

2 Likes

Exactly. This woman was going on about how I needed to take into consideration the cost of repairing the doll and restringing it (it’s an antique composition doll). And all I could think was “not my problem.” I didn’t say that to her, but I wanted to.

2 Likes