How do you choose the kit to paint?

Wow you are so organized, some good tips you have given for organization! P.S. What a good hubby you have, one that is happy to help you out with your endeavors!

2 Likes

hmmmm…lets just say he believes in spreadsheets. He even tried to make a chore chart on one for the whole family and everyone ignored it. He was also trying to show me how much money I was spending and how much money I was not making…I knew, I just didn’t want him to know!

5 Likes

OMG. You are so funny! :joy:

1 Like

I also have a spreadsheet. I keep the info for each baby – such as which body, eyes, etc., goes with each one. The amount I paid, and the date I received it.

Then on the same spreadsheet I have the list in alphabetical order that I own. AND, I also have a list of the ones I want. :slight_smile: In the olden days when spreadsheets couldn’t handle more than one list, this would not have been possible. But since we can now manipulate each list separately, on the same sheet, makes it really nice.

1 Like

One thing I wish I had done is kept a list or dare I say “spreadsheet “:wink::rofl: of what hair I used on all my babies. Brand, color.

2 Likes

That is a great addition to the spreadsheet. So far I have only “rooted” one, so it won’t be hard for me to get that in there. I just thing good records can help later on when I want to use something again, but can’t remember exactly the specs for it.

2 Likes

Like right now I am making a Chanel, my customer asks me can you make me one like the one you made on your site. I say sure. Only I made it harder on myself because I do not remember which mohair I used on her, so I guess, and of course I guess wrong and it is a lighter color. Now I have to contact my customer to see if that is okay, if not I am stuck pulling out already rooted hair. Thankfully she was super easy going and said it was great she didn’t mind at all. BUT I could have saved myself the stress had I just kept better records.

I made a spreadsheet for what I have spent so far. I am glad my husband is computer illiterate or I would be in trouble. I broke it down by what items I have bought at which store and how much, I would be banned from Hobby Lobby if he ever saw it.

I also made a spreadsheet for each doll. When I was finished painting for the day I would sit and enter each individual layer and what colors I used for each layer in the order that I applied it to the doll. I also kept track how much time I spent on each layer with a running total at the bottom of the sheet.

Since recently unemployed do to health I have all the time in the world. I thought we had a nursery name picked out but when I was on the internet I saw someone else had a variant of the name I chose. Now I am back at square one.

2 Likes