How do I get in touch with bb fast?!

Hi everyone,
I placed an order with bb on march 13th that was fairly large…
Tracking was last updated march 17th in Denver Colorado.
I contacted my post office and they looked into trying to find the package but are unable to locate it…
They told me to contact bb so they can contact their post office and file a claim if need be…
I would not be so worried but I ordered a bunch of test parts to teach my mother in law different painting and rooting methods. I spent $130+ on this package and now its disappeared and USPS has no idea where it is.

I have email bb twice, and called twice, but could not get ahold of anyone despite holding on the line for awhile.

I hate bothering them but am panicking not having any idea where this package is…

Any other ideas on how to contact them? I’m hoping that maybe they are just looking into where the package is but they have always emailed back anytime issues have arose, and now I’m not sure they are getting my emails. /

PS~ I am located in Maine.

Also, normally when I send a message to bb I get an automated response letting me know they got my message… I’m not even getting that so I think maybe my emails are not going through… I don’t know…

Nevermind:)
Got a reply!

I’m waiting until the 30th hoping the package arrives.
This is my first time ordering something that needed to be shipped parcel post which is making it take much longer… Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow or any day soon…
I alway get anxious when awaiting anything from bb!