How can I fix this body?

So…body number 2 for Gabriela isn’t working either. It’s the correct one, according to her stats. But it’s wierd. Her arms still look like monkey arms. If you stuff them tight, they look like shoulder pads. If you don’t, they sag. Then, the torso. It has no shape, and it’s too wide. In the fully dressed pics, she’s wearing a pull-up. It’s acting as a girdle. Take the girdle off, and she looks like an overweight woman with saggy skin tucked into her pants. (See pic with just pants.) I know she needs nips and tucks. But I don’t know exactly where to tuck. I’m also not a great seamstress. I do have a sewing machine, and can sew a basic straight line. But anything complicated is probably beyond my expertise. :grimacing:
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :blush:

Here are side and back pics too. I think she needs some gathering in the chest. And I don’t know how to give her a butt and proper hip and belly area. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Can you put a pool noodle up through the body and into her head? That’s what I did for the toddlers I made

She has an armature. The head actually stays where I put it. But the body is bulky at the neck…it’s bulky everywhere :woman_shrugging:t2:

from the side photo it looks like the upper arms are backwards I was going to say to try turning it around… but then I saw the gather. I wonder if it is a defective body and got assembled on a friday before clocking out lol my hubby and I always joke when we purchase something that is slightly ‘off’ It really does look like the extra fabric in the front was meant to be for the bum

2 Likes

She’s beautiful :two_hearts:, even if her body looks a little wonky (sewing will help).

1 Like

I think all of these old style bodies are just flat out defective. I’m upset with myself over this. This kit sat in my bin for about 8 months. I should have sent it to @RoseannsBoutique as soon as I got it so she could make a custom body. But it came with a body. So I assumed all was well. Then, after painting her, I decided to see how she looked assembled. The body that came with her was the wrong body. So I ordered this one since I needed something fast. Bad idea. I should have still just sent the kit to Roseann. :tired_face:

1 Like

Thank you! I sure hope I can get her body to look good. She deserves a good body. :grimacing:

2 Likes

That looks like a lot of sewing to fix that body.

1 Like

Here is the link to Puppentraumland where they have the shoulder plate and they appear to have a better body for her as well. I don’t know how much shipping is from German but you may be able to find one on Ebay like this…I also am not sure if you can buy the shoulder plate on its own but considering you already painted her I don’t know if you would be interested in that anyway.

1 Like

Karina, if you send me that body I might be able to fix it . The arm sleeves are just too big and too long and the whole body needs to be taken up and elastic in The chest area. I’ll be on vacation next week but will certainly look at it when I get back.

5 Likes

Hooray! Roseann @RoseannsBoutique can rescue your preciose Gabriela! She deserves a better body!

2 Likes

MacPherson has that one too. There are 2 different Gabriela kits. One has a chest plate. The other doesn’t. This is the cheap, no neck plate one. Next time I will definitely spend more to get the better version. Her face is so precious. But these limbs are bad. Her hands are tiny. Her wrists aren’t sculpted well at all. I guess for $69 it’s worth it. But for all the time invested, I would rather spend more up front for the better kit. Now I know. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really want to get her listed soon. So I’m going to try to alter it this weekend. If I don’t get her fixed before you get back from vacation, I’ll send the body and/or the doll to you for a good body! :blush:

@Katinafleming I was thinking that about the hands, and I got the cheap one too, lol! I guess you would have to use armature to make her look ok in the neck area!
@RoseannsBoutique Thank you, I’m so happy you can fix that body and I hope you can then make them as I know I will be needing a couple of them.

2 Likes