Honest opinions please - painted hair

Looking for honest opinions on this painted hair I’m looking for ways to make it look more realistic. I was going for a very newborn/hairy look, but I think I overdid the sideburns. Should I bring the hairline down? Try to tone down the facial hair? (if so, how?) root over it? I’m open to any suggestions except stripping lol. This head has taken me months!

12 Likes

It looks great and realistic! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s looking great!! I would bring the top hairline down a bit more if it were me

6 Likes

Looks fantastic! Yes, bring the hairline down and consider adding fine baby hairs around the temple area. Hairy babies are usually a bit fuzzy. :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’ll definitely move the hairline down. I’ll try to add more fine airs, but I struggle to get them fine/light enough!

4 Likes

I am a huge fan of painted hair (collector) and your hair is gorgeous! I would’t mind seeing the front hairline lowered a bit but it is great without that change.

6 Likes

Looking great! The sides look especially nice. I agree that maybe some sparse baby hairs to bring the hairline down would look good, too.

4 Likes

I have never painted hair. Looking good.

1 Like

Better? The baby hairs aren’t showing well in these tablet pics. Should I add or lower more? Maybe add some rooted hair on the very top? or leave it as is?

23 Likes

My first suggestion would have been to bring the hairline down in the front more and it would also help with you thinking you over did it on the side burns, but you beat me to it and already have it done. It is a definite improvement. I think you did a great job and your pattern and flow of hair are perfect. The only other suggestion for my personal taste would be to fill in a bit more of the bare space on the head between the clumps of hair. It still looks great if you don’t, just my personal perference when I’m painting hair to not have so much bald area showing especially with the little bit longer strands of hair that you have done. Well done.

2 Likes

My honest opinion is that it’s really good !
I usually do the fine hair with a prisma pencil, easier to get fine line, but I think it look great like that !

3 Likes

Much much better! Looks great!

1 Like

Perfect!

2 Likes

I think you did great! Like many said already I would add baby fuzz near hair line. It’s looks very newborn-ish tome.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone! I’ll probably fill in the sparser bits a little then call it done!

2 Likes

Impressive

1 Like

I think you are doing great.

1 Like

Bring the front hairline down and WOWO this hair is incredible you did such an amazing job!! :star::star::star:

1 Like

So so perfect!!

1 Like

Wow!!! Beautiful and so newborn. I love the sides, i dont think they’re overdone at all. A lot of newborns are hairy! Both my nephews were hairy at birth and lost it a few weeks after.

1 Like