Hobby LOBBY IN THE NEWS/

HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS!
Never mind, was seeking clarification, want make that mistake again!

1 Like

I think this is satire. It’s meant to be funny and it is :laughing:

This should be removed. This is not true and you could be sued for defamation.

1 Like

Haha, that made me laugh. Where did you get the article?

Why could I be sued. I POSTED WHAT IS ALL OVER THE INTERNET, and simply asked a question. I don’t know if it’s true or not which is why I asked here. Forgive me for trying to get some insight from the people I thought I could ask. I won’t make that mistake again!

1 Like

It’s all over Social media! I haven’t heard anything about it , WHICH IS WHY I POSTED AND asked if anybody else had!

1 Like

You didn’t do anything wrong. You didn’t write it so I don’t see how you could be sued. It says it’s satire, but I don’t think slavery is anything to joke about.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m sure this is satire. It’s too absurd to be real.

1 Like

Thank you, and I completely agree! Not funny at all!

1 Like

How can I find it? I want to see!

2 Likes

Google it

1 Like

Was this one about the slavery issue? That was satire, but I wouldn’t blame you for feeling uncertain about Hobby Lobby with all of their very significant issues, what with the historical artifact smuggling and the extremist ideologies. I would love to have the product selection of Hobby Lobby available locally, but I sure am glad their company doesn’t have a presence in my country!

3 Likes

I love hobby lobby. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

I do too!!! I can’t wait until they open back up…I need some yarn…I am going to attempt to crochet a baby blanket!! I LOVE their selection…and…they rotate their 50% off sales around…so hopefully yarn will be 50% off when I go !!! :grin:

2 Likes

Me too, I love Hobby Lobby, best craft store EVER!!

3 Likes

What was the post :frowning:

The post was not about Hobby Lobby. I PERSONALLY like Hobby Lobby as well as shop there quite a bit. The subject I was referring to was about what was said about SLAVERY. I saw no humor in it. But I guess if you have never worn those shoes it wouldn’t matter to most of you. Slavery is not a joke under any circumstances, no more than child abuse, ■■■■, child molestation, etc! Example, I had to go pick my child up from school because her friend/classmate 14 yrs old, had hung himself because he was being bullied and just couldn’t take it anymore. That was a year ago and she is still in therapy. Those bullIies still laugh about it to this day, saying they were just playing, he couldn’t even take a joke. Guess what his mother isn’t laughing. If many of you were in the shoes of others I guarantee you wouldn’t take things so lightly. I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, but to think things are funny when it targets a specific race or gender simply blows my mind. I will ask that this post be removed but I had to have my say first. Racism is alive and well in many shapes, form and fashion and never funny. I thank God that I teach my kids never to laugh at the demise of others, because that 1 thing could be their breaking point. I don’t want this to be a debate or be about racism which is why i’m asking that it be removed. As I stated earlier I only brought it here to gain some insight as I thought we could discuss anything. I was wrong, i’m hurt, and I will never make this mistake again!

4 Likes

A topic as controversial as racism and slavery doesn’t belong on a dolly forum. Getting angry with the responses on the topic you created just shows that you never posted it as a need for clarification, insight, or discussion. You just wanted to throw Hobby Lobby into the limelight in hopes that others would be as outraged as you about the post. Well, as you can see, it wasn’t a productive post and should had been deleted. However, you chose to keep it running by keeping the title knowing that some would be interested enough to search the internet.

3 Likes

It’s posts like these that will get out forum shut down.:rage:

2 Likes

As you can see, I never said anything else but let it ride. Attention I don’t need or seek. I would suggest that before you throw stones you get your facts straight. I came for clarification as I said. I FOR ONE SPEND A LOT OF MONEY AT HOBBY LOBBY and will continue to do so. Ummm, Why are you so ANGRY? HOBBY LOBBY WAS NEVER THE PROBLEM. DUH IT’S A BUILDING! There are a lot of topics on here that are not doll related. Why do you keep responding. Please by all means flag it!!! I was never angry, You being one of the very first to respond was very rude[ I FELT] and even after I didn’t agree with what you said I removed as mush as the post as I could. You don’t know me, so don’t pretend like you know what my intentions were. After it was said is was meant as a joke, [STILL NOT FUNNY] I left it alone for the most part. But you are right, this is not the time or the place so I will be the bigger person and agree to disagree. Have a wonderful day!!!