High color

Does anyone remember this term and know of any dolls that are painted in that style. I heard the term and was curious.

3 Likes

I think @Peachtree does beautiful high color babies…

2 Likes

I feel like yours are high color to an extent… the deep tones and prominent contrasts make me feel that way anyway. If there were ever a “soft” high color baby, yours would be it!

4 Likes

If you mean like one of my favorites, @allhisgrace I miss her and wish she would come back.

https://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/sold-ty-please-cheer-my-baby-on-shes-listed/59856

a couple more

allhisgrace

allhisgrace2

4 Likes

Woah!!! That’s a cool alternative. Actually kinda looks like my first did when she was seconds old :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes, this style is not for everyone, :grinning:.

2 Likes

I considered ladonna Briggs high color. And I love her work. I came an inch away from buying her Liam at Rose but didn’t end up buying anything. Kind of kick myself over that though. :blush:

3 Likes

I do a bit of high color/high contrast!! I really enjoy babies painted in this style realistically!

11 Likes

@eversunny Love your baby!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you. I am high color. My babies really do look like their photos in person. I don’t sell many of them lately

15 Likes

You’re babies are so so gorgeous

2 Likes

So cute! @Peachtree

1 Like

I want a high color tutorial!!!

3 Likes

I am doing one in bits and pieces. I already posted the blue mottling/shading layer. I am trying to find a way to keep each segment short, but still show enough.

4 Likes

I think I tend to be on the high color side. Pale babies don’t sell well for me and I can’t get a peaches and cream complexion because they look undone to me.

8 Likes

I :heart: your babies!

2 Likes

Beautiful babies!!!

2 Likes

My attempt at a High Color Baby Cuddle baby failed.

3 Likes

From the description of high colour I was thinking maybe that’s what my style is, but it’s not that extreme.

2 Likes