High color

Does anyone remember this term and know of any dolls that are painted in that style. I heard the term and was curious.

3 Likes

I think @Peachtree does beautiful high color babies…

2 Likes

High color is sort of the opposite of peaches and cream; from my understanding. Lots of mottling, red or pink babies, lots of veining. I’ve seen lots of high color Reborns that look amazing and some that look like poor babies that had been battered and bruised.

3 Likes

I feel like yours are high color to an extent… the deep tones and prominent contrasts make me feel that way anyway. If there were ever a “soft” high color baby, yours would be it!

4 Likes

If you mean like one of my favorites, @allhisgrace I miss her and wish she would come back.

a couple more

allhisgrace

allhisgrace2

4 Likes

Woah!!! That’s a cool alternative. Actually kinda looks like my first did when she was seconds old :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes, this style is not for everyone, :grinning:.

1 Like

I considered ladonna Briggs high color. And I love her work. I came an inch away from buying her Liam at Rose but didn’t end up buying anything. Kind of kick myself over that though. :blush:

3 Likes

I do a bit of high color/high contrast!! I really enjoy babies painted in this style realistically!

11 Likes

@eversunny Love your baby!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you. I am high color. My babies really do look like their photos in person. I don’t sell many of them lately

15 Likes

You’re babies are so so gorgeous

2 Likes

So cute! @Peachtree

1 Like

I want a high color tutorial!!!

3 Likes

I am doing one in bits and pieces. I already posted the blue mottling/shading layer. I am trying to find a way to keep each segment short, but still show enough.

4 Likes

I think I tend to be on the high color side. Pale babies don’t sell well for me and I can’t get a peaches and cream complexion because they look undone to me.

8 Likes

I :heart: your babies!

2 Likes

Beautiful babies!!!

2 Likes

My attempt at a High Color Baby Cuddle baby failed.

3 Likes