Help with Gabriel

this kit has been one of the hardest I have done… It was impossible to neutralize And does not hold color!!! She is for my moms birthday which is sept. 14. What is needed color wise?

6 Likes

I took pictures outside and the last one under my Ott lite.:smiley:

Nik----I think he/she is looking really good!! Does he have eyelashes yet? If he does I can’t see them, sorry. What about hair? Are you going to root or paint or leave bald? Your Mom is going to love him/her. Do you have to mail him to her? I always think Gabriel is a boy------is he going to be a girl? Looks like a boy to me. Good Job!!

4 Likes

That’s me! I posted that pic and was matched to Gabriel. Yes, I was bald … Until I was 3. And yes, everyone thought I was a boy… Even though I was dressed in pink frilly dresses. This doll has to my best… They have only seen one of my first dolls and it is terrible and they think my dolls stink!!! I am trying g to show them I have improved…

1 Like

Here is a picture of league… One of my firsts, quite HORRIBle! She agreed to give him back when I sent her this one:-)

4 Likes

Oh! No, she has no finishing detail yet , she needs to be sealed, eyelashes and gloss. I though I would ask about her color first…

2 Likes

Nik-----this is NOT awful for a first baby, but look how far you’ve come!! I think you’re Gabriel looks good. Be sure to post pics when completely done and dressed, ok?

2 Likes

Cross my :heart:️, Lynn!

The pic in the sunlight really shows the mottling. The skin tones look really nice. Your mom will love this one!

2 Likes

He’s looking good, Nikki! Maybe it’s just me but I think his eye on the left side of the photo is a bit off kilter. I hope he turns out the way you want him!

2 Likes

Thank you! I just popped the eyes in… Might go bluer… Like my dads:-)

1 Like

Amy, do I need a wash of any sort? :heart:

2 Likes

I think he looks really good! He doesn’t necessarily need washes. You could do some of you wanted…warm wash, purple maybe. I’d skip the earth mint wash though I think his complexion looks really nice without it. You’re Mom will love him!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

He looks good. I would just do a burnt umber wash to warm him.

3 Likes

Ok!:slight_smile: thank you Diane!:smiley::heart:

I always finish up with a burnt umber wash. I think you’ll like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok! Yeah!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

Did you root your Gabriel’s eye lashes? :grin: