Help with Ava Raine...have you done one?

Hi all. I have been working on dolls 2 & 3 but their limbs didn’t match when they came & I was getting frustrated after 10 layers so I put them up until I have more experience.
So now I’m going to try my Ava Raine. To me her color looks ok but as she’ll only be my second reborn I wanted some opinions. If you have done her, did you do any washes or do you think her color is good to go?
Thanks all! Everyone here has been sooo much help.
Hugs,
Nicole

Well I guess everyone has more exciting things to do on Saturday night than I do lol. I’m just going to go for it!

Hello Nicole, I am also a beginner (working on my 3rd baby) so I am not sure about the kit. I do know however that reborning is all about taking chances and trying new things so GO FOR IT!!! BOL!!! Be sure to post pics when you can.

Hi Amber! Well, that’s pretty much what I’m doing! Lol. I’m learning as I go. It’s nice to meet you!
Hugs,
Nicole

Hi!
I have never done an Ava Raine, but just wanted to say Hi so you don’t think were not a friendly group!
The way I do it is to search EBay & tutorials, maybe copy a picture of the baby displayed where you bought the kit. Then I have a basic idea of how others have made the baby look & I can then do it the way I like but still have a guide.
I hope this makes sense to you! Mainly just keep reborning!
Have you seen the Bountiful Baby sale kits? They are such a bargain & they would be something you could hone your skills on with out spending too much money!

Please keep posting & let us know how you are doing!

Luv…Marlene

Thanks Marlene!
Oh boy have I seen the sale kits. I have enough kits to last a year I think. I am only working on this more expensive one because the topic of reborns came up around my husbands family recently and I mentioned I was working on “Teagan”. From down the table I hear my 14 year old neice say “One of the triplets?!” Well, after I recovered I found out she is on eBay looking at them all the time. She knows as many kit and sculptor names as I do, if not more. And after she saw my Teagan she flipped so I told her I’d make her a baby for Christmas. She picked Ava Raine, her dream baby. I don’t have the heart to say it’s too expensive. She never thought about the $$. Just her precious baby. So that’s why I’m doing it as my second reborn!

I do however have a bunch of lower cost kits & she’s coming for a week over Christmas to make her first one. She will be choosing from that crate!
hugs,
Nicole
PS I know you guys are friendly! More than I ever expected! Thanks so much!!

What a generous kind heart you have, Nicole! I’m sure your neice will love her baby!

Luv…Marlene

Ava Raine is a beautiful sculpt. I’ve not done here, but I’ve seen them reborned. I’m sure she’ll be beautiful!

Hi, I have just finished this baby, I will be putting her on ebay this week. She is a good sculpture to reborn. Her head is soft for rooting. The eyes were quite difficult to insert. I gave her a peaches and cream complexion with brown hair.

Hi Carole!

How about posting a picture of your baby…we all want to see…Please!

Luv…Marlene

Yes! Pictures please!! I haven’t figured out how to do peaches & cream yet.

Marlene I love your Sera!

Yes! Pictures please!! I haven’t figured out how to do peaches & cream yet.

Marlene I love your Sera!

Thank you! She is my favorite baby that I have reborned, I’ve sold her & I’m gonna hate to let her go!

Luv…Marlene