Help! Silicone like Vinyl babies!

I just bought the Belinda kit by Bonnie Siebine and I’m panicking because I didn’t do any research!! So I don’t know if this is really “silicone” mixed vinyl or if it’s just super soft vinyl! Can I use GHSP on it? Can I bake it at normal 265? Will it melt? Will the paint stick? Do I have to buy all new air dry paints? Has anybody painted this kit before??? Or the Madelyn by Bonnie Siebine? I just can’t find any answers and any insight would be SO helpful!

not my photo, found this on google images

1 Like

If it is a soft line kit then I think Air Dry is best because it may collapse in an oven. I have never done one so I hope someone will come along shortly to help you!

1 Like

It is vinyl. Silicone and vinyl does not mix. I have used GHSP on the soft line kits. It does not collapse. I have never done this kit though.

It’s very soft vinyl, no silicone. You can use Genesis, but it’s not recommended.

I have done Madelyn but with air dry. It’s a very soft vynil, very flexible. It’s a pain to weight and assemble tho.

2 Likes

She looks like she may be the same spanish vinyl that Ellie Sue Brown was made of. They told me at Macpherson’s that if you wash the kits with their kit scrub it will remove any oily reside so paints will stick better. I got some and love it! It smells like oranges. They also sent out a jar of AR skin texture Foundation with one of my kits to put on the kit before you paint to make the paints stick better. I will post the links here:

https://www.macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/reborn-paints/premixed-heat-set-paints/ar-skin-texture-foundation-detail?lang=en-GB

1 Like

I never did this one, but made a few of the LDC soft full vinyls… pain in the neck to assemble!! way too much trouble, JMO

2 Likes

Every LDC vinyl I’ve baked has had some type of mishap with pitting or what looked like scraped skin after baking. They are the reason I tried air dry, though I stink at air dry.