Help Sharing

A few forum members have shared these with me.

:frowning::frowning:
This is not me, but is my name. I don’t want anyone associating me with this scammer. I don’t use Facebook. If anyone sees any of these posts and wouldn’t mind clarifying that it is not me and has nothing to do with me I would appreciate it. My nursery is Amanda Gregory Handmade, I only sell on Reborns.com not on EBay and I have an Instagram which is @quiltsabunch. I’m in Canada. Thanks everyone. Hopefully none of it does me any damage.

15 Likes

This is an absolute nightmare! I’m so sorry you are continually stuck dealing with this. I know you have done nothing wrong, but have you ever thought about changing your nursery name just to move away from this? Might be easier than trying to tell everyone that you aren’t that Amanda Gregory.

4 Likes

Maybe except I am Amanda Gregory. Even if my nursery name was something else my name wouldn’t change and people still say what an artists name is. Like what is this girl’s nursery name? Who knows because people are only calling her a scammer by name not by her nursery name.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry this is happening to you! I’ve been admiring your work for a long time and it sucks that you have to go through this.

A year or so ago, someone took my nursery name along with another artists’ pictures and made fake accounts with them. We thankfully got them taken down. I’m not sure what could be done here since people are ‘spreading the word’ (not knowing it’s not actually you!)

I’ll definitely let them know if I see any of these posts

Amanda I’m so sorry that is happening to you, your art is so beautiful. Would you consider changing your “name” to something like Gregory’s handmade art dolls and clothing or whatever best describes your items.
Just a thought, I suspect you get a lot of repeat costumers and you could explain why you need the change.

Thanks. I’ve had my name used on fake websites before with other’s pictures as well. Sucks for sure.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m not sure changing my nursery name would help, my name will still be Amanda Gregory and it just happens to be the same name as a scammer with fake kits. The only place I even really have my nursery name is on reborns. And in this case they aren’t even using nursery names. I just feel like the word being spread that Amanda Gregory is a scammer with fake kits won’t matter what my nursery name is since I’ll still be Amanda Gregory. And there’s nothing stopping anyone from using your nursery name to scam with either.

2 Likes

So sorry this is happening to you, I saw this post on Facebook earlier and initially thought they were saying you were a scammer until I read on and realised it was a different Amanda Gregory & one from UK, so I can understand why it’s frustrating to you because not everyone will read the full post but just see the name, if I see it posted anywhere else I will point it out that’s it’s not you, not sure what else you can do x

1 Like

WOW that is awful! I am so sorry. I don’t know what to do other than put disclaimer’s up on your reborns account saying that is not you and other places you list.

2 Likes

Oh boy, this is terrible for you.

1 Like

This is outrageous! :rage: These people can just ruin someone’s reputation and what can be done about it?? I am soooo, so sorry this is happening to you, Amanda.

I found out there is another Karen Potter on Reborns so I added my middle initial. There is also another Karen’s Kreations on FB so I have dropped by nursery name on my watermarks and just use “@KarenPotter” when I post pics there. Also, I stopped listing in groups ~ FB keeps removing my listings. So aggravating.

3 Likes

Yes thanks. I was just worried that people that did not know me would think we were the same.

Good idea. Lots of people don’t read but it would help with the ones that do

1 Like

Two different customers brought this other Amanda Gregory to my attention a few months ago. At that point I did not know that she was selling fakes so I was just sort of a little disappointed that there was two of us with the same names that made reborn dolls. A few people might mix us up but most probably not since were in different countries. But now it’s even worse that she’s giving our name a bad name.

3 Likes

It’s just maddening :rage: So sad that the reborn world has taken such a disgusting turn.

2 Likes

Try adding a middle name, or maiden if you are married to your name. This would help clarify maybe. :footprints: :baby:

2 Likes

Doesn’t a moderator confirm statements like these when they are posted? Either to prove they are correct or clarify misleading info?

The information could very well be true just that it has nothing to do with me. I just happen to have the same name and don’t want to be mistaken for the scammer.

2 Likes