Help Please... How long should I wait?

I had someone claim a baby before I got it listed, or was even finished with it. She seemed to really want this baby, but needed time to pay it off. I told her I needed a nonrefundable deposit to hold it until her next check. She paid the deposit on Nov 2nd and the remaining balance was due Dec 3rd. I sent her invoice and an e-mail on the 3rd… Nothing. I’ve sent several e-mails since the 3rd… Still nothing. I’d hate for her to pop back up and the baby be sold, but I have been waiting over a month now. What happens if she wants her money back… Does anyone know how paypal would handle it? Not sure what I should do or how long I’m supposed to give her. I want to do the right thing but not really sure what that is in this situation…Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

PayPal will give her her money back if you sell the doll and she contests the deposit. PayPal does not honor seller conditions for us small timers; they only do that for Chinese scammers :roll_eyes: I would send her a final notice that the doll is going to be listed for sale, sell the doll, and hold the amount of her deposit in reserve just in case.

7 Likes

I have a time waster layaway too. Seem that one on 4 is actually going through with the payment.
It’s the second time with my Levi. She paid a 50$deposit, than a month later an other 50$ than nothing. The due date is 15th December.
I usually refund all the money except the deposit.
I don’t know in US, but in Canada there are law for deposit, we are totally right to ask for and keep. I don’t know if it’s apply to online shopping but for now I didn’t have any problem.

5 Likes

That’s what I figured :unamused: I guess there really is no point in the “nonrefundable deposit” then. I did send her a final notice. I think I will give her until the end of the day and list the baby. Thanks so much @Peachtree

1 Like

Same here, I have had so many time wasters. (My first time in this situation though) That’s why I don’t like doing payment plans. But I understand that everyone doesn’t have the money up front and I try to work something out when I can. There should definitely be a law like that here too, nonrefundable should mean NONREFUNDABLE. But what can ya do… Thanks a bunch @Leabelle

2 Likes

I’ve seen some sellers ask for the deposit as F&F since PayPal doesn’t honor a sellers terms.
Problem still is they can do a charge back via their credit card.

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

Yea, guess there really isn’t a “safe way” to do it at all… :thinking: 🤷

1 Like

You can have them pay their nf deposit with Walmart to Walmart.