Help picking a kit (that sells)

I’d throw out the doll before 3 years passed. After that long I’d have forgotten how to reborn and it wouldn’t be worth it anymore.

1 Like

Did you take him off reborns.com? I’m not seeing him.

Yes, I had an emergency and needed to spend the shipping money so I didn’t feel okay with having him listed if I couldn’t ship him.

1 Like

Oh, that’s too bad.

He wasn’t getting any attention there anyway so I didn’t think he was gonna sell at all

I dont buy premie clothes very much, NB fits fine on reborns. I looked at Canada Walmart and there is some things in Premature size, sleepers and onesies, the rest you could buy NB size…especially things like dresses. I think pictures are far cuter and more appealing when they show the legs so take lots of pics in onesies and it looks really cute if you put a little sweater over the onesie.
The outfit I have my Flynn in is 1 month and its a bit big but it still looks really cute and I told his Mommy she could try shrinking it a bit but I think it looks adorable all baggy like it is.

Sometimes its really the pictures that sell the baby.

2 Likes

You don’t have to have shipping money already in your account if you sell on Reborns. You charge the customer shipping and when they purchase your baby you also get the shipping money as well. Just saying. But I’m sorry your baby isn’t selling, it’s always so frustrating to have a baby sit for a long period of time. Hope things look up for you!

2 Likes

I live in Quebec and Walmart don’t have premie clothes. I found them at Aubainerie, but I think it’s only in Quebec. You may find some at Oshkosh or Carter.
BB is expensive with shipping, but even with minimum order cost and shipping it can be same or less than MacPherson.
It usually takes about 1-3 months for me to sell a doll on reborns.com. Sometimes a lot more ! It can be frustrating. I only sold 3 locally, and one of themto a woman who saw it on Reborns…
Cost is low to the bronze membership, and you have more chance to sell there.
Shipping cost is always on the buyer to pay.
You may try to sell on Instagram , Facebook, YouTube, Etsy

When began, I bought a few cheap kits at BB. When I have sold one, I bought more kits on BB. So I had more to paint and more chance to sell one. Just one doll pay for the investment.

I don’t think it’s possible to get enough sales just locally with one or two dolls. As a hobby it’s ok, but to have a little revenue you need to expand a bit and invest. It’s not easy, really not, so you have to enjoy the process of reborning and selling.

It’s been two years for me now, I don’t make a lot of profit, but I began to sell more regularly.

5 Likes

Toys R us Canada has preemie sleepers in their Koala Kids line. I agree preemie clothes are hard to find -except sleepers.

1 Like

I love my Yael by Gudrum Legler. I think he would sell …

2 Likes

Bellybutton has great advice. I still love the non bb kits but they can be expensive. I buy a couple realborn and sell around 265 plus shipping. I leave them bald and they pretty much always sell right away on Reborns. I don’t stress about which kit, they will sell. I really have no stash anymore … I’m not even sure which ones I have. Doesn’t matter! Just paint and don’t stress. Charge a fair price. Sell. Buy more. Repeat. Once you get in a rotation you can buy a kit you want, and sell for higher… but if you just want to paint? Don’t be picky. Get the most for your money.

6 Likes

I keep having to drop my price and it makes it seem not worth it. I had been buying limited edition kits but not having alot of luck with them and tired of stressing over several coming due at one time. I have decided to buy BB kits for a while. I am not going to worry over the higher kits unless I see one that I want for a keeper. For me the market is really slow right now. I have no desire to paint at the present time and have thought of selling all my things and throwing the towel in.

2 Likes

If you are in Canada, Lucy Kewy baby is a great seller, and is on 49 bucks at MacPhearsons… and bol what ever you decide <3

3 Likes

I love Lucy!!!

She is adorable and what a great price!

About how much would shipping be from Canada to US?

1 Like

Depends. BB orders are 30$ USD

1 Like

I’ve wanted Lucy Kewy since she first came out and that’s a really good price. It would probably make more sense to add a couple of other things and get free shipping.

2 Likes

I’m just going to pick whatever kit stands out to me and buy it before I have a chance to have second thoughts. I can’t buy until Tuesday so we’ll see then what kit it is.

1 Like

It does here