HELP! paint wont cure

I posted under painting also, but am up against a wall and almost finished with painting stage…don’t know what to do…this is my 5th and 6th baby and every time I check with a Q-tip it shows color…I have baked and re-baked about 3 times extra now, and it keeps showing color…what do I do??? Please help… Thanks!

Linda Wooten

Are you using the genesis paints? If so where did you purchase them? Also make sure you are using an oven thermometer to check that your oven is to the recomended temp. Sometimes oven thermometers go bad so that is another possibility. But a while back I heard that someone was selling small genesis paints on ebay that were cheaper paints that they put a small top layer of the genesis at the top of the jar. Always best to buy your genesis from a reputable dealer or from someone you know and trust to sell you genuine genesis paints.
Linda

What doll kit are you using? I got an email from Secrist this a.m. regarding some of their kits containing too much oil IN the vinyl. Your problem might be something like that.

They are offering free matte sealer to reborners who have the faulty kits.

— Begin quote from “Linda Wooten”

I posted under painting also, but am up against a wall and almost finished with painting stage…don’t know what to do…this is my 5th and 6th baby and every time I check with a Q-tip it shows color…I have baked and re-baked about 3 times extra now, and it keeps showing color…what do I do??? Please help… Thanks!

Linda Wooten

— End quote

I had that problem once, and I kept re-baking for 8 min. intervals and it didn’t help, come to find out for me it was the temperature of the oven. I turned the temperature up a little bit more and kept a close eye on it and it did cure.

thanks ladies for your suggestions and comments on paint curing. Yes, these are genesis paints bought through BB and I have used them on my other 4 reborns very successfully, so it’s not that…I’m going to try and up my oven temp slightly and try again!

Linda

Thanks Janet…still baking…will let you know!

Linda