Help Need some input critique on this tink please. pic heavy

Oh, I would LOVE to have Christine W’s set. But, my dolly dollars just don’t go there right now. I hope that when she gets her dark haired one maybe I can afford it by then.

I think she looks fine. Your reflection lights in the eyes look pretty much in the same place so that’s good. I think the reason the eye might look “off” to you is: The eyes are NOT cut out the same. One eye is cut bigger, it always screws up the look. If it’s NOT the cutting then it’s the sculpt itself. Too many kits have eyes that are uneven. I don’t know why either, they have measuring tools for eyes.

1 Like

I agree. You can see that the eyelid comes lower one one eye.

Long ago, we told to look at the light reflection spot to see if they are set equally. The reflection spot will be in the same location for each eye.

3 Likes

A lot of people have eyes that are slightly different sizes. I just want my reborns to be perfect.

1 Like

I think she’s adorable. I for sure wouldn’t strip her. She just looks like a redhead to me. What color paint did you use for her hair? I use air dry paints and cannot, for the life of me, make a decent baby brown color for hair.

1 Like

I use genesis and I used both prism pencils and paint and some thick medium . Burnt umber with a bit of yellow ochre and bit of dark blue( i forget the name) and a dab of black on some of the last additions . That is the color I was aiming for light brown with a bit of lighter and darker mixed in here and there. uggh
I think I know why most painted hair is dark now.

I do too and i am picky about the eyes … even in dolls they are kinda the window to the soul , so to speak .( not that i think dolls have a soul or anything like that. )

Thank you. I guess it could be worse but it sure could be a whole lot better.

That’s so true, most peoples eyes are different but we (as people) are always moving and so the difference in our eyes is not quite so apparent. When a doll is sitting there staring at you it’s VERY noticeable. I hate different sized eyes and if it’s bad I won’t buy the sculpt for that reason.

1 Like