Help Need some input critique on this tink please. pic heavy

Ok so I am practicing painting hair and im not sure if i like it or not . also i think her one eye looks off somehow.
Should i strip the whole thing and just start over or root her … Please be honest and not just nice.

14 Likes

I personally LOVE HER. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I do too.

1 Like

Thank you , I love the Tink kit , Was trying to follow a tutorial for 3-d hair it is supposed to be a light brown with some lighter colors mixed in but it looks orange in the pictures. My hair painting leaves a lot to be desired I think.

Me personally, I would root

1 Like

Thank you, I am thinking I might or just strip her.
I am not loving the way she looks now.

Try doing a blue wash or two just over the hair. I have done this on hair that turned out too orange and I’ve had good results. If you are planning on stripping anyway it won’t hurt to try. Personally I think the painting looks good just a bit orange. You can also root right over your painted hair instead of stripping and repainting your whole kit. It will make the hair look thicker and you can root it thin.

1 Like

I think her hair looks great. You have a nice subtle color with a natural flow and I even see some texture there. It looks like her right eye socket may be a little smaller than the left? That is no fault of yours! She is very cute!!

1 Like

I like the hair, from looking at the pic. I am sure it would be the same in person. I wish I could get mine to do that well. But, I wouldn’t strip her and start over. If you feel the eye needs to be adjusted you could probably fix that. Even if it has been glued, you could probably take the glue off that one and move it just a bit. I know if it were me and I felt it was off, It would just make me nuts until I fixed it! :slight_smile: But, seriously, I like it.

Crystal, practice makes it better, and hopefully someday perfect! It looks great to me. I would love to find an affordable 3D hair tutorial.

1 Like

She looks good. Root her.

1 Like

No don’t strip her. She looks wonderful! I love this kit and you’re doing a great job. Give her a couple of blue or lavender washes. The entire kit. You will love it.

1 Like

Thank you .
So far i do not like painting hair much lol. I was watching this tutorial that was free on you tube. I have watched some other ones on there also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsHf8TJyeCA I would like to get Christine W. paints and tutorial set some day when I have the extra $.

1 Like

Thank you I did add some blue to the hair paint but it really looks orangey in her pictures and in the sun light.

Thank you for the help … I think i may try that and see how i like it.

Thank you.

Thank you , I can not figure it out about the eye but its driving me bonkers …they are not glued in yet though. I may have to buy another pair of eyes to try .

1 Like

Thank you all very very much for your input and help with this little gal , I think I am going to play around with some rooting and see how that looks before I decide strip her down. Fiddle with the eyes and see if i can get them or another pair looking better. Wish me luck. :blush:

Try making the eyes look up. I would not strip. You could try more layers of hair. It just looks thin.

1 Like

I really like the hair but I’m a newbie and don’t collect so maybe not the best judge :wink:

1 Like