Help finding eyes for Realborn Dominic awake

I got glass eyes today for Dominic awake and they fell right out! I ordered 20 mm just as directed by the sight but they are too small. I am no good at open eyed babies and wonder where I can get a pair of deep brown glass eyes. Thank you for your help!:blush:

![20191127_222828|690x335]strong text
(upload://xE2D4Xf2pelV9tA2E48bOCrl7dU.jpeg)

Oh I’m glad to have seen this post. I ordered his kit during the Black Friday sale and had plans on trying out glass eyes since they look so much more realistic to me so I will following this post for answers as well.

1 Like

Dolls by Sandie and Dolls So Real have some nice eyes. Sandie also has glass half ones, and I think Dolls So Real may also.

Were they oval?

1 Like

Im not sure of the shipping to the US but I get these eyes from Germany (I live in France) https://www.puppen-traumland.de/shop/en/reborning-supplies/eyes/246/lauschaer-doll-eyes-massively?number=RA44106.6
These are flat backed, round, glass and they work really well in BB kits plus they are far more sturdy than the blown glass. Sounds like you may have used the oval, glass, eyes like @Pcrank56 was asking. You always have to size up with the ovals.

1 Like

Thanks Lil, I order this kit a few weeks ago and I also plan to begin reborning him in December! Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Thanks for asking this question!!!

Yes

1 Like

Yes they are the oval eyes

1 Like

Yeah, you need to size up when using the oval eyes, so get a size 22 in the oval but if you get the round ones the 20s will fit.

1 Like

Since you said the 20mm oval fell right out, personally I would probably order the next size up and one above that depending on cost. I imagine you could always resell the eyes that don’t work for you too if you couldn’t use them in the future.

I just used the oval glass eyes from BB in my scarlet kit and ordered the size the kit called for and a size up. Both worked, the eyes that were the size required by the kit weren’t as snug tho. I ended up putting a little piece of torn sponge in the back to keep them securely in the direction I had placed them. It was tricky gluing the flap with a piece of sponge in between the eye and the flap, but I used my hemostat to help hold the flap closed while I applied the glue and while it dried.

1 Like

Scarlet’s eyes were so squinty I didn’t want to push eyes thru the front so I cut the flaps. If you’re not cutting the flaps, it is probably easier to position foam or cotton or whatever behind the eyes.

I was thinking the same thing! But even with the eyes snug in the socket there still a gap on the sides so I’ll order the next size up.

Thank you😊 I’m going to order the next size up

1 Like