Help Baking

Good Afternoon,
I am in need of some advise. I am very new to reborning. I have a question. I have a conventional oven.
My question is, Do I bake my baby or do I put in on conventional with the fan? I am totally lost.
Please help, I love this site and all of you that help us new comers.
Connie

I use my convection oven and before that I used my regular oven. It has never been a problem for me. I know some people don’t like the slight fumes, but I have used my for many years, and like I said, never had a problem.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the BB forum!
You can regular bake it but convection is better because the heat is supposedly more even. That being said, it is not recommended to use the oven you cook food in because the vinyl gives off fumes that are not healthy to breathe in or ingest. These stick to the oven walls and will enter your food while cooking. You could do it and completely clean the oven before using it for food, I suppose, but most reborners end up using a table top convection oven like Nuwave or Big Boss.
Before using any oven, get an oven thermometer (under 10$) to check your oven’s real temp as most are off and can cause you to underbake or melt a kit. Find what temp actually produces a max of 265 F and bake 8 minutes at that temp.

2 Likes

Thank you,
I bought this oven just for my babies. So it is best to use the convection with the fan, I have bought a thermometer. Now I just have to get the courage to get this baby done.
Oh. I am going to be doing baby Morgan, can you tell me what is the approx. weight for her? And also what is the most that she should way. Thank you all for helping me.
God Bless,
Connie

oops spelled weight wrong.
Thanks again,
Connie

You could make her weigh as much,or as little as you want. I make my 18-20 inch babies weigh about two lbs,It’s a nice snuggly weight and feels more like a 5 lb real baby.

1 Like

It’s a preference thing. I do around 5 lbs for a 18-20".

Remember they feel heavier than a live baby because they are dead weight. My son was 8 lbs. at 20" but I don’t think I’d weight one that high.

1 Like

The reborn I bought weighed 7lbs 8oz and I took out most of that weight because she was just too heavy.

2 Likes

My 20" babies weigh 4-5 pounds.

Thank you ladies very much. This baby is going to weigh up to 5lbs.4
*AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. :family:
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU
AND THIS GREAT UNITED STATES of AMERICA

2 Likes