Hello, new here

Hello, names Kells. I’ve been lurking here for some time and finally decided a few weeks ago to try my hand at reborning. I’ve bought reborns before (I have 2 in particular from Sunbeam Babies who I adore) but I never thought I’d have the confidence to try it myself. Thanks to all the wonderful tips and things I’ve read here I finally felt able to. (For some added background, I’m an Autistic person, dolls in general and now especially reborns are one of my Special Interests.)
I’m part way through working on my first baby. Her kit name was Pippa, but her new name is Samantha Rae.

I know that she’s a million miles from perfect, but I’m happy with her. All the babies I do will be keepers, being my Special Interest I’d never be able to part with them. I did have to strip her and start over once, but unfortunately not all of the paint would strip from her limbs so they look a bit of a mess, but I’m getting another of these kits so I can replace the limbs with those and hopefully get them to match her head. I already have my next 2 kits on the way also, and have invested in some Golden fluid paints for those (Samantha is painted with Daler Rowley.) I’m loving being able to bring a baby to life just the way I want her.
I’d like to say thank you to all of you, though you didn’t know it all of your tips and information I’ve read here have been a huge help in getting started.

23 Likes

First ones are so fun! Welcome to the Forum @kells

Thank you! I’m already addicted and I haven’t even finished her yet :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice to meet you! You’re hooked now :wink: Soon you’ll have more kits than you can count!

Hey Kells!

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum! You’re off to a great start!!!

welcome to the world of reborning Kells…looks like you’re well on your way!

Welcome!!

Welcome!

Welcome, beautiful baby!

I’m no expert, but I have to say your baby looks great! I think you are doing very well. And, welcome to the forum! It is loads of fun and the people here are very helpful! Please don’t forget to upload pics of the baby when it is done!

She looks great!
I’m sure you’ll have loads of fun!

Thank you everyone <3 I stripped her limbs again this morning and I think I might be able to salvage them, and she now has eyelashes :grin: they aren’t rooted, I think I’m a way off learning to root yet lol

1 Like

Welcome!!! I love the name you came up with for your baby. I have a niece named Samantha and my daughters middle name is Rae :smiley: :heart:

Welcome to the addiction !
I live with two Asperger’s (son and husband) and I know about special interest. Reborning is a good one !
Your baby is really nice !

1 Like

Hi Kells- welcome to the party! Your first baby is super cute. She kind of looks like my daughter! Glad to have you here :blush:

Thank you! Those are good names lol :smiley:

Thank you everyone, you’re all so lovely. My Golden paints came this morning so I’m in the process of getting her limbs to look presentable :grin:

Welcome Kells!! :blush: