Hello all! New here

I’m new here and wanted to introduce myself. I’m Sarah from Oklahoma and I just finished my first baby today, Realborn Brooklyn! I’m pretty happy with my first attempt but I definitely have a LOT of room for improvement, especially with rooting the hair. Lol My husband gifted me the Brooklyn kit and the BB newborn beginners kit for Christmas and I had spent several weeks studying every tutorial and reading all the info I could find on reborning before I touched her with a paint brush. I was not planning on selling my first baby, by any means but my friend loves her and actually wants to buy her. Would anyone be able to help me with figuring out pricing? Like I said, I wasn’t planning to sell my first one or even first several but since I have someone who specifically wants this one, I have no idea what to price her at and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would love some constructive criticism if anyone has advice on how I could have improved this baby. The good, the bad, and the ugly, I can take it! Hope everyone is having a blessed Friday.

Specs: Realborn Brooklyn kit, Genesis heat set paints, rooted mohair, rooted mohair eyelashes, weighted head, limbs, and body (4 lbs 14 oz. total), painted eyebrows, magnetic mouth, full limbs, baby powder scented

18 Likes

Welcome!!! She is gorgeous! I’m going to shy away from advice since I am a beginner myself but the ladies here are very helpful and a sweet bunch.

1 Like

Thank you so much! @Lillysdolls! I had so much fun doing this. : )

Great job for your first baby! Good for you to attempt rooting her hair :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, its a great place for beginners with wonderful ladies here always willing to help out, I know first hand because I’ve only been reborning aittle over a year now. And being part of this group has helped me more then I can say. Congrats on your first baby, Brooklyn was my 6th baby I think, shes a sweetheart and yours looks beautiful. Good luck on this new addiction lol its the best!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Great first baby! I’d suggest a bit more blush and creasing for the next one.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first baby and welcome to the forum and reborn addiction (prepare you husband for it)! :slight_smile:
You are so brave to attempt rooting hair with your first one! It’s been only two weeks since Christmas and you already completed her, studying and rooting included! I am very impressed.
As far as selling advise goes - great that you have a buyer, but unwritten rule is to keep your first baby and this is what I definitely suggest. That way you can look at her later and compare how far you came in your skills. Of course it’s up to you, but I think you can paint another baby for your friend :wink: .

And I agree with @quiltsabunch - more creases, blashing, nose and face shading.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the compliments and tips! I do think I will go a little heavier and the blushing and creases next time. And Yelena, that is a good idea to keep the first baby to compare later on! I will see what she thinks about me starting a different one.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What a beautiful baby!!

1 Like

I just came to my 1st reborning anniversary. I still look at my first Ella, and even that I have no attachment to that sculpt (I just ordered the most inexpensive kit that was at BB sale at that time in assumption that I will mess-up it anyway), but I still remember all my emotions that came with reborning her and how proud I was to complete her. Yes, she is also underblushes and undercreased because I wanted to be so careful with my first creation and not overdo it, but I remember every victory or every struggle (like her eyebrows or lip color) that it brings so much memories and emotions.
I think your friend can wait and you’ll be glad if you keep your Brooklyn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you all!!

@YelenaRey I think you are right! I actually chose Brooklyn because she looks so much like my oldest daughter (who is now 8 years old) so I think it would be a little hard to part with her anyway. I know my friend will understand and she’s pretty easy going anyway. I was so afraid to “over-do” color that I ended up “under-doing.” Lol But it was so fun and such a good learning experience and now I feel much more confident going into my second time. Especially thanks to all the advice on here! You ladies are wonderful.

2 Likes

Here is a pic of my now 8 year old as a newborn and a pic of my Brooklyn. I think they look so much alike!

12 Likes

Welcome. Nice first baby :blush: I would say the one eyebrow is a little high. They should sit on the raised part of the brow. If you sell a doll, the beginning ones should maybe cover supplies plus maybe a little extra for your time. My first few babies I gave as gifts.

1 Like

Aww, they are a great match! What a wonderful feeling you must have when you are holding her!
She looks so cozy and pretty in that blanket :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome very nice first baby. I am a beginner so I do not have advice to give. There is definitely a lot of great artists here that are very helpful.

1 Like

Very much alike, yes!

1 Like

Welcome! I’m fairly new too and this forum has been an invaluable tool for information and encouragement.

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

For a first baby, she is awesome, cant wait to see more of yours :slight_smile:
Other than what everyone else has said you might look into how to matte varnish as she looks a bit shiny. I am assuming you are using Genesis because you say you got a starter kit on BB but you can use air dry varnish if you want to and its not as difficult (no baking).

2 Likes