Heat gun question

@AmyR777 I got that heat gun in from secrist. How do you use it exactly and for how long to touch up some paint areas?

1 Like

Here’s their directions:

Hold the nozzle no closer than 3 inches from the surface, and keep it moving as you heat set the paint. It typically takes about 3 to 5 seconds per spot, but you will have to experiment with your technique. After the part is completely cooled test the dried paint with a damp cotton swab to make sure no paint rubs off onto the swab. If it does, re-heat and test again.

Thank you! Their gun didn’t give specific instructions for a reborn baby lol.

Also… My support stand wasn’t in the package and this one only has one heat setting instead of two. Just on and off… No In between like the instructions say.

Trying to do some touch up stuff to Celeste and get her head attached so I can submit her pics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mandy, be real careful, they get very hot and can not only melt your baby but can totally destroy your eyelashes and hair. BE REALLY CAREFUL. Always keep the heat gun moving, I have one but I never really use it.

1 Like

Yes, only on & off for settings. You didn’t get the little black wire thingy? It attaches to become the stand. Like Lynn said, keep the gun moving ALL the time.

Yea my little wire thingie for the stand wasn’t in there… unless it fell out and we didn’t see it.

But yes I figured to keep it moving all the time. I think I am going to like it for touch ups.

Id contact them about the stand. They’re very nice and will make it right. It’s really a must-have. I don’t use it much but when I need it, it’s a huge help.

Thanks Amy! I will try to get in touch with them this afternoon.

1 Like