Have you ever been guilty of

Have you ever been guilty (and I feel really bad about this) of not letting your spouse/significant other know you’ve ordered another kit they don’t know about? I just had to have an on-sale PG, and when she arrived, she was out of the box and in hiding really, really fast. Hubby won’t know until he looks at the entry I made in the checkbook! I’ve never done anything like that before; it’s a guilty little secret. Isn’t this the sign of an addiction? Do I need an Intervention? Help, I’ve fallen…

— Begin quote from “LittleMama”

Isn’t this the sign of an addiction? Do I need an Intervention? Help, I’ve fallen…

— End quote

WELCOME !!! Yes, this is the first sign LOL. Do some digging and find out if he “splurged” on something and let it sink in to your head as “we’re even now” LOL

At my house we have a strict “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.

YEP… guilty… I finally tried to organize my stuff in storage containers and ran out of room for kits and clothes… Now it is back into overflow stage… He doesn’t care that I continue to buy more, but he isn’t too happy about the time that I spend in a different room painting and baking!! I finally figured out how to root heads while watching (ha…ha…) TV with him so I just need to get to that point of the reborning a little quicker (or while he is on the golf course, or shooting his handguns, or flying his airplane)… We each have our own hobbies and his cost a lot more than mine!!!

My reborning area is my dining room table and my diningroom is open to my livingroom and my kitchen so I am always “in view”. My den however has been overrun with the kits, clothes, and photo props. LOL babies take up alot of room !!
My other half just says “well at least you’re not just sitting around with your thumb up you butt” (sorry he is so graphic)
He doesn’t say anything at all about what I spend because like just about eveyone else’s other halves, his hobbies are WAY more expensive !!

I’ve felt guilty and sometimes have been intercepting the postman and hid some packages but I really didn’t have a real reason to do it - except the fact I’ll have to justify my “obsessive” shopping. I make my money. My BF doesn’t work. Our families still support us (pay our rent and bills since we’re still students), but whatever I earn with my jewelry and dolls, I spend on advancing my hobbies. Just once he asked me why I spend so much money on dolls. It was his first and last time

— Begin quote from “Friki”

Just once he asked me why I spend so much money on dolls. It was his first and last time

— End quote

Did you hurt him? LOL What did you say ???

I told him to mind his own darn business, it’s my money and I don’t have to justify what I spend it on

I mean, if he was the “provider”, that would be different. I’d ask him for allowance or something. But he’s just my boyfriend that happens to live with me, he doesn’t support me. All I’ve earned, I’ve earned without his help.

He’s much more supporting now that I’ve actually started selling my dolls

— Begin quote from “Friki”

I told him to mind his own darn business, it’s my money and I don’t have to justify what I spend it on

I mean, if he was the “provider”, that would be different. I’d ask him for allowance or something. But he’s just my boyfriend that happens to live with me, he doesn’t support me. All I’ve earned, I’ve earned without his help.

He’s much more supporting now that I’ve actually started selling my dolls

— End quote

Good for you Friki !! Keep that boy in line LoL !!

— Begin quote from “CrafterJen”

We are both so guilty of spoiling ourselves with stuff we don’t really need. I’m lucky in the fact that his hobbies are even more expensive than mine. I have, however, hidden baby clothes that I seem to be addicted to buying. He doesn’t care about the money I spend on them but rather the space they take up in the house.

— End quote

Jen - you made me laugh! Same thing with my husband and HIS hobbies - between the motorcycles, the quad, road trips, his gun collection, his wine cooler & Kegerator in my dining room - he REALLY can’t say too much to me!

I also have a spare bedroom closet set up with my baby stuff and the clothes take up more room than mine do! Plus I work full time & have my pension from a career I retired from!

My husband has no idea about any of them! lol. There are 3 huge boxes full of kits and things. I just keep adding to them… Now I’m reborning my fingers off and selling, I want to graduate to more expensive limited addition ones, but have to get rid of what I have first.

You all cracked me up! And here I thought I was all alone, and everyone has a funny story and guilty pleasure! Wow, I’ve gone over the edge with the rest of you! “More baby clothes?” Hahaha! I now take up half of our huge family room, and it’s getting smaller and smaller! What a riot, I thought I was the only naughty girl!

My house looks like a hoarder sometimes because things never seem to get put away where they belong, including all the baby stuff and paints and rooting box, etc. I end up with it all next to the bed in boxes piled up on the floor.

Hubby is the only breadwinner so the bank account is joint. As long as the bills get paid and I don’t go too crazy, he doesn’t really care what I spend. He doesn’t really have hobbies right now (working too much or too tired to care!) so I can’t justify my spending by saying he spends more (unless you count some of the extra money for sports channels on TV). We do have an agreement that large purchases get discussed. So I just try to keep my spurlges under that amount. Of course, if you buy kits for under $100 and clothes on a separate purchase - it really adds up but the individual purchase is under the limit, right? LOL!!!

Fortunately, husband is very accepting of my excuse “that it was really a good deal!”. I have hidden away some of the packages or bags… He doesn’t seem to notice the pile growing if it’s out of the shipping box!

Diane, that’s hysterical! I know for a fact you don’t qualify!
And djjessie, you are too funny! I’m going to have to try some of your BB “techniques!” Yard sales are great for 25 cents/item, and I can’t control the “really good deal” alternate personality that springs itself upon me! And I’ll drive 10 miles to save $.03 a gallon for gas! Are we bad or what?