Has anything funny happened during Christmas prep?

I had something so funny happen today, while getting some Christmas gifts ready. I have made some wooden cradles and beds for the babies I am gifting for Christmas. I had 8 beds/cradles all in the floor and I have cut waffle foam and wrapped with quilt batting and then I hand sewed cut up sheets as covers, these are my mattress and pillows. I was measuring for the bigger ones. I had lain several babies in them to see which doll needed which size bed, I looked over and my Midnight (he is my 10 year old black 160 lb lab/mastiff mix) had lain one of his babies in an empty bed. He has a pink ducky he loves a lot, he put his ducky in the bed. I about cracked up when I discovered he put his baby in one of the beds.

That’s so cute!

now that’s a picture i hope you took!

Thats so cute -might not have been if HE would have tried to get in one!!!LOL

of course I took pictures. He would not fit. That would break. I am having phone issues as soon as I figure out how I will post those pictures.

That is so funny, I LOVE LABS…I had one that loved her Stuffed animal babies. She would gather them all and tuck them under her belly to nurse them. My Dixie girl was such a sweetie.

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

I had something so funny happen today, while getting some Christmas gifts ready. I have made some wooden cradles and beds for the babies I am gifting for Christmas. I had 8 beds/cradles all in the floor and I have cut waffle foam and wrapped with quilt batting and then I hand sewed cut up sheets as covers, these are my mattress and pillows. I was measuring for the bigger ones. I had lain several babies in them to see which doll needed which size bed, I looked over and my Midnight (he is my 10 year old black 160 lb lab/mastiff mix) had lain one of his babies in an empty bed. He has a pink ducky he loves a lot, he put his ducky in the bed. I about cracked up when I discovered he put his baby in one of the beds.

— End quote

I had a similar thing happen although not at Christmas time. We had just moved from Austin to the Fort Worth area and we were unpacking my porcelain doll collection and related paraphenalia (you know - there’s tons of that too!). Well… we had just pulled out an American Girl bed that I had been using for one of the babies and set it on the floor. Immediately, Tiger (our 5-pound Pomeranian) came over and climbed in. From that day three years ago and still today - that is HIS bed! Nobody better mess with it or all 5 pounds of him will let you know he is not happy.

That’s funny! Dogs are so smart!

Many years ago when my first daughter was just an infant, we spent the night at a friends house. We slept on a pallet in the living room floor. In the middle of the night, my daughter woke up and started to fuss. I thought if I gave her her pacifier…that she would fall back to sleep. I felt all around the blankets for it and couldn’t find it. So I sat up so I could look for it. I felt something behind me, and when I turned around, sitting nonchalantly was my friends dog staring at me. And in his mouth, was my daughters pacifier. lol

He even had the nipple part in his mouth. lolol

— Begin quote from “DianaMo”

That’s funny! Dogs are so smart!

Many years ago when my first daughter was just an infant, we spent the night at a friends house. We slept on a pallet in the living room floor. In the middle of the night, my daughter woke up and started to fuss. I thought if I gave her her pacifier…that she would fall back to sleep. I felt all around the blankets for it and couldn’t find it. So I sat up so I could look for it. I felt something behind me, and when I turned around, sitting nonchalantly was my friends dog staring at me. And in his mouth, was my daughters pacifier. lol

He even had the nipple part in his mouth. lolol

— End quote

Oh, my...  that is too funny!     

Oh my goodness I so needed the laugh today. I am sorry to hear of Linda’s illness, My kids has a little dog named star I forget what kind she is. She has to her pacifier all of the time. So funny. Where would our lives be without pets?