Has anyone tried this?

The shine remover that D o l l s by Sandie sell’s? If you have dose it work? I’m so sick of getting a shine on my babies even after they have been sealed with the matt varnish!!!

Edited cuz I spell’s real good

I want to know to!

I have never tried that product before either. Do you use Mona Lisa thinner? I find that when I use this brand of thinner, I never get any shine on my babies

I use Mona Lisa thinner and find sometimes I get a shine and sometimes not…I have noticed the more times I bake a baby the morely to get shine.Some vinyls tend to get shinier quick to…or maybe its just me!!!

Where do you get Mona Lisa thinner?

I stopped using the thinner…I use the Genesis thinning medium since it is formulated to work with Genesis paint. with practice you can get it really thin and transparent if that is what you want.
I do think that baking it many times also adds the risk of shine…so I try to do several steps and then bake ie. final base coat, creases, nail beds then bake. viens, skin depth coat and nail tips and bake. and so on.

what temp are you using on your oven to bake? it should be 250-265* …I use an oven thermometer to make sure my oven is not getting too hot …that can cause shine (and underbaking causes chalkiness)

hope something here helps.

— Begin quote from “ggbdolllover”

— End quote

I get mine at Michaels…

— Begin quote from “ggbdolllover”

— End quote

I either get mine from www.misterart.com or from Hobby Lobby

Thanks girls! I’ll check that out.

My Michaels doesn’t carry the Mona Lisa thinner, but heard you get less shine from using it. Where else can you buy it?

I found mine at Hobby Lobby, in the art supply section. I also found that it doesn’t dry out as fast as most thinners.

Yeah, we don’t have hobby lobby in Pittsburgh…guess I’m out of luck. I really have never seen it anywhere, except online, and shipping for heavy liquids seems silly. Maybe it’s worth it, though…anyone know a good place online?