Has anyone tried reborning the factory kit dolls?

I am talking about those ugly haired little 16" Blaze and Kimi dolls that I keep seeing on the sale page. I am wondering if the paint can be stripped off completely to where the vinyl is a decent color to paint and if the hair can be pulled out and the head not have big holes all in it? To me this is the only way to rescue those kits and maybe make something out of them. They would be great little dolls for kids and the elderly if this can be done. Does anyone know?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go to the trouble, but that’s just me. I would rather get a new kit and go from there. JMO

2 Likes

I’ve thought the same thing about reborning one but if you zoom in on the pictures they look like pretty big hair plugs. I might try one anyway. I like the limbs and the head could be used as a test head if the holes can’t be closed.

1 Like

I was wondering if I could make them aa?

I don’t know why not.

1 Like

I wouldn’t either… You may as well buy a kit because they cost about the same. That Hair YIKES!

2 Likes

mmmmm I think I will pass. I agree, Yikes on the hair! The eyes are fake looking too. I guess if you bought one just to put together for a kid but then it really is not much different than a store doll.

This would be a good challenge. What do you think?

If I got my hands on one I might try it but I am not buying one just to see. LMBO!

1 Like

Yes I did and they have been a hit. I do a Christmas project every year for kids who wont get gifts. They are priced right. I stripped the paint and repainted them. Adorable. I have started my Christmas project thanks to these,

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t you just buy a kit on sale for 14.95 seems like it would be a lot less work, of course they wouldn’t have hair. Good for you for having such a wonderful Xmas project.

3 Likes

Oh please share their pictures!

1 Like