Has anyone ever painted a silicon vinyl kit?

I have a bountiful baby colby that I just got in the mail yesterday. he comes with factory blushing but his skin is so light and translucent I wanted to give him some more color. Can I use Genesis heat set paints on him and can I put him in the oven?

Hi,
From everything I’ve read about silicon dolls and Genesis heat set paints, they are not really compatible. Silicon can be painted with other types of paints then needs to be sealed. From my own personal experience with a silicon doll head and Genesis heat set paints, it was a disaster and I wound up ruining the head. This is not meant to discourage you but I would hate to see you ruin a beautiful silicon doll.

If you try it you might want to do some additional research on painting on silicon.

Good luck and have much fun reborning,
Victoria

If it is solid silicone then no, but if it is the vinyl silicone mix then yes you can use the Genesis paints on them. I just painted a Bonnie Chyle that is silicone vinyl. This is her, but if you are still unsure just ask BB. they will let you know.

This might be dumb, but can you tell a vinyl from a vinyl/silicone from a silicone doll just by looking at it??

Judy

— Begin quote from “judy”

This might be dumb, but can you tell a vinyl from a vinyl/silicone from a silicone doll just by looking at it??

Judy

— End quote

The solid silicone babies are super heavy and not hollow. These kits are usually about $500.00 and up and the dolls are in the thousands. They are very realistic to hold and require a different type of paint. They are prone to becoming shiny and can sometimes tear, so they must be cared for very well. I noticed that the vinyl/ silicone is a bit heavier, thicker and more “squishy” to the touch than the regular vinyl. I hope that helps a little.

— Begin quote from “judy”

Judy

— End quote

Well you have to touch it too, but yes, you can tell the difference.

If this is what you are talking about then yes you can paint it with
the heat set paints. Wash it very good before you do. If you put the
doll in the oven to set the paint put a damp wash cloth and cover the mohair
so it will not dry out.
http://www.bountifulbaby.com/seaside/in … lse&c=2411