Has anyone done Landon awake?

I’m on the fence on this big boy. If you have done this chub I would love to see.

1 Like

I Love chubby babies, but this one I just don’t care for…awake or asleep. I’m the odd one in the bunch lol

1 Like

Funny thing is I liked him before I saw 3 month Joseph. Now to me he just looks like he has a chubby face and skinny limbs. I’m trying to like him since my friend wants me to make her one but I’m not sure I can’t successfully paint him not liking the kit. I have the kit in hand so I’m thinking just gifting her the kit and letting her find a different artist. I feel horrible but I wouldn’t be able to put 100% into this kit. Am I awful?

2 Likes

If it makes you guys feel any better I absolutely hated him to. But bought the kit because he’s popular. Hated him all the way through painting but now I absolutely love him once he was done :joy::blush:
Haven’t done Landon awake yet but just ordered him.

4 Likes

You’re Not awful! :slight_smile: But like Rachel said you may fall in love with him. It’s happened to me too. I don’t have his kit. I’m trying so hard not to buy Laila right now…ugh she’s so pretty :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t bother painting kits I don’t like, it’s just not fun for me. I also, am not a fan of Landon. Asleep or awake. Real baby is absolutely precious but something about the vinyl versions is not cute to me. Not sure why, cause everyone loves him so much

3 Likes

For some reason the vinyl version looks swollen to me. I was afraid to come out in say but it does. The real baby is absolutely beautiful though!

2 Likes

Yeah, I kinda think so too. I’m just really not a fan of kits with a crease above the nose like that. Many babies have it, including my niece and nephews at birth, but I just don’t think it translates that well into vinyl. It just looks weird, does that make sense or am I just crazy?

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense! It just is too deep of a crease. I don’t like it. Its a trademark in my family so I see it a lot. Like you said it didn’t transfer well into the vinyl.

2 Likes

I feel the same about Maddox/Maggie and other kits like that. It’s usually too deep, as you said, and it just is not appealing to me. But artists and buyers both love him, so it is obviously popular. I can see what people like about him, just not personally a fan.

1 Like

This is my nephew, Joseph, approx 5 hours after his birth. He’s got a little crease but nothing crazy deep. He weighed 7 lbs

My nephew Chatan (Joseph’s big brother) probably 24 hours after birth. He was around 8 lbs

And my niece Kaylee (big sister of both boys) about 15 hours after birth. She was 7 lbs I believe

And this is a baby I photographed @ 5 days old, he was born at nearly 11 lbs, like Landon. And he had a fairly deep crease, but not as bad as the realborn Landon

4 Likes

They are precious!!! And you can hardly see the crease! I feel with Landon its up in your face. That is one thing I don’t like about reborns in general. So many of the creases are way too deep. In real babies you don’t see that.

I agree, Landon’s is very pronounced. With Henry, the last baby, he had a more pronounced crease when he was scrunched up. Plus look at those rolls and hairy little arms :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh the little cuddlebug!! I so want to hold him!! :blue_heart: do you know how old he is now?

He would have just turned 1 in May :slight_smile: He was sweet, and SOOOO squishy lol Good thing he’s precious cause he peed and pooped all over my set,couch and lap :joy: All in like 2 hours haha

1 Like

When nature calls you gotta answer! LOL!! :wink::joy:

1 Like

working on Landon awake now

13 Likes

I think he’s cute but you’re right about the limbs. It seems they are a lot slimmer and are not chunky enough to match the face. I’ll still reborn him though lol

1 Like

You did a great job! She looks beautiful!

Oh my gosh, ADORABLE! :heart_eyes:

I’ve reborned sleeping Landon 3x and LOVE this chunky baby! His limbs seem fine to me. He sold super fast, too!

Good thing there’s plenty of variety. If you don’t like this kit there are always plenty more to choose from.

I’ll be starting Landon Awake soon and will be using the 300 body this time. Can’t wait!

6 Likes