Hair rooting tutorial

Awe, thanks, Pia. Glad I could help.

1 Like

Ok, everyone should have the tutorial.

As for those asking about mohair—I use mohair from a woman off of ebay–nanano2. When I first started using the hair, it had quite a bit of vegitative matter in it. I mentioned this to her and it is almost free from it now. I stick with her because she is very reasonable and the mohair is beautiful. Most of hers does have waves or curl. She is rather limited, however, with what she has available. I have been tempted to try ordering via ebay from the seller from France. The mohair looks awesome. I may take the plunge. I have purchased one time from Slumberland and I was somewhat disappointed. The hair felt very dry and it “broke” alot while rooting, if you know what I mean.

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

Ok, everyone should have the tutorial.

As for those asking about mohair—I use mohair from a woman off of ebay–nanano2. When I first started using the hair, it had quite a bit of vegitative matter in it. I mentioned this to her and it is almost free from it now. I stick with her because she is very reasonable and the mohair is beautiful. Most of hers does have waves or curl. She is rather limited, however, with what she has available. I have been tempted to try ordering via ebay from the seller from France. The mohair looks awesome. I may take the plunge. I have purchased one time from Slumberland and I was somewhat disappointed. The hair felt very dry and it “broke” alot while rooting, if you know what I mean.

— End quote

I wonder if you just got a bad batch of hair? Slumberland is my favorite…cut end clearly marked, doesn’t tangle…very little waste…etc. I tried Singing Falls and was not as happy…gave most of it away… Tried some processed by forum members and was not real impressed… Have heard good stuff about Delta Dawn and a couple of others…

I use the one from Ebay that you mentioned, Angela Sprott and Sugargliderus- thanks!

Kristi, I have heard that Angela’s and Sugargliders is good. It’s good to know of people who can give a first-hand account.

Pia, I think that what I bought might have been around for a while and just dried out. I am bidding on some from France just to see what it is like. Hopefully it will be worth the investment.

I’d like the tutorial too! My email is djwackywolf@msn.com. Wish I had known that others root from the middle because trying to root from the end has been a pain! Plus I can’t tell which way the mohair is going from the feel of it anyway. I do need to get the hang of that front hairline. As for sparse rooting…probably never going to happen. Plus most people I show dolls to seem to prefer thicker hair.

I will try to get it to you this evening.

I would love to have it too. Thank you

vcarterr@yahoo.com

Thanks for being so generous and sharing this Kim. I would really appreciate having a copy. email is sprucecorner@xplornet.com

I would love to have to tut also. thanks so much
Linda

mnkeene@suddenlink.net

Thanks for all the interest. Lots of new people again. That’s good. I have emailed everyone the file.

Have fun and happy rooting.

Kim

I would love to have it sent to me as well at cmae1982@gmail.comThank you for going out of your way to help! I’m working on my very first reborn and appreciate all of the help I can get!!

Kim could you send me a copy also? Your rooting is beautiful!
hugs
Joy
joysown@aol.com

I just sent out a copy to people. If I’ve missed you, please let me know. Good luck.

me too, never to late to learn something new! Mine is tasnyder@pa.net

Terri’s Treasures–you should have it shortly. Thanks for the interest.

Hi Kim, I don’t know what I am doing wrong, but have requested your hair rooting tutorial twice, using the email on here and can’t seem to make contact. But would you please send me a copy of the PDF file. Thank you so much for your generosity.
my email address is: brady312@comcast.net Blessings, Carolyn Brady

Carolyn, I"m trying to send it. Check your spam folder, too. Sometimes it ends up there.

Please!!!
Nicholearotko@gmail.com

For those who have wanted my tutorial, I have had to switch to a new computer. At this time, I have to find where I saved it on various jump drives. If anyone has it and is willing to fulfill requests, it would be great.

2 Likes