GRRRRR! Jennie

Thank you. Here are the only ones I kept.

14 Likes

https://www.reborns.com/item/65769/1

3 Likes

I love her, not surprised she sold! Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

That is precious. Did you leave her bald?

1 Like

She had hair, it was just light and hard to see.

OK. I was thinking how cute she was, and thought if you had left her bald maybe I would make mine bald, also.

I think she’s really cute too but its true that its hard to make her look realistic. I made twins with the awake and asleep version but I don’t know if Ill ever be able to paint hair. I really made a mess of them. I am going to buy the new Ultimate Fusion brown hair tutorial when and if it ever comes out LOL. I have several practice heads. Ill just root, I can do that :wink: . There seem to be a lot of the open eye realborn kits that simply don’t look real even if they are 3D scans of a real baby. I think maybe they should alter the eyes on some. I was not going to preorder (Dollsgarden in Germany) the 7 month June awake but I talked myself into it. I think I may have the same problem with her but maybe Ill try like @LisaLynn and size up the eyes and set them in a way that they look more realistic…wish me luck :wink:

5 Likes

You probably could do it without this. The main thing is paint consistency. For hair painting, it needs to be very thick. So paint, a bit of retarder medium, then only a drop or two of water. Only add enough water to keep it movable. You are looking for an ink like consistency.

The open eye realborn kits, I’m thinking that maybe they scanned a sleeping baby, but sculpted the eyes open for the awake version. I can imagine that it would be hard to get an awake baby to hold still long enough to be scanned, so this is probably hard for them. But yes, totally agree, it’s hit or miss on the eyes. Giant June and Big Joseph awake both look okay to me though… as far as I can tell in pictures. And good. I can’t wait to paint them. :grin:

3 Likes

I think 3 month Joseph awake looks good but I wasn’t sold on the awake version of 7 month June and I initially just preordered the asleep version and then I preordered another torso (got one for Joseph) but then I found a bunch of cute little girl summer dresses in the right size and I decided I had to have the awake version because she would look better siting up in the dresses I bought…see, its the clothes again :wink:

Ill keep practicing the hair painting.

3 Likes

Yes, I get sucked in my clothes too. Lol

Off to look at giant June awake again :grin:

2 Likes

7 month June’s eyes look good from what I can see. The chubby belly plates that fit her and big Joe are on sale. I just bought 5 of them. :grin:

2 Likes

How did you pre-order June?

1 Like

I live in Europe (France) so there is a store in Germany called Dollsgarden that sells BB kits and I preorder there, that way I am assured one when they come in stock.

How did she turn out? … I finished painting her a few days ago just haven’t gotten around to sealing rooting hair or doing eyelashes yet lol.

Not good :sob:. She will be sold as a boo boo baby Did you have any trouble painting her?

I’m sorry you didnt have any luck with her :frowning: I have seen a few people had issues. I didnt have any trouble with her and if I seen the complaints before I started her I probably wouldn’t have got her. I took 2yrs off from painting and jennie was my first in 2yrs. I’m doing her as a gift for my mom

2 Likes

Oh that’s wonderful that she worked out for you especially because your mom is getting her. That’s so sweet and such a blessing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you sweetie. My mom has been through some stuff the last few months and I just wanted to do something nice for her. She has zero clue what I’m doing lol. Only reason I picked jennie was that my mom loves open eyed babies and I remember when I was looking jennie was one of the best looking kits at the time. I wouldn’t call it an issue per say but only thing I noticed with this kit was I had to do extra mottle and do her details again as if the paint soaked into the vinyl

1 Like

Finally sold my Jenny after nearly 60 days with no attention. I lowered her price a little, but not too bad. I got to tell you, it was a relief. I was afraid I was going to have to donate her.

7 Likes

I’m so glad to hear that. I’ve Never had this much trouble with a kit. I’m Still trying to finish her. I’m banning myself from open eyed kits for good. The prototype artists make them look great and I’m Not one of them lol

2 Likes