Grail kit

So, do any of you have a kit that you really want, but will probably never find? Like the ultimate kit, the one that claimed your heart (and wallet) at first sight. I finally found mine and it just had to be a hard to find kit. Romeo by Natali Blick. He’s such a precious and adorable sculpt, but I think I’m destined to never find one!
I’d like to know if any of you wonderful ladies have this sort of situation with a kit. If so, which kit is it? :smile:

1 Like

Yep, mine is a Cheryl Weber kit I believe, can’t find it when trying to look it up though. A lady on DF has one on her siggy pic and someone had asked her which kit it was, I think she said the kit name was Amy. Anyways, she’s a long sold out hard to find kit of course! She’s a little peeky eyed newborn looking like she’s just waking up or falling asleep. So so cute!

1 Like

Bibo by Luciana Miglioranzi. It was a LE of 250 and I think everyone who bought it kept it because I’ve only ever seen one reborned and for sale.

2 Likes

Mine was Walter by Laura Tuzio Ross…not sure why but there was just something about him that grabbed me…lol I painted one and sold it on ebay when he first came out…I wanted to keep him then but my rule at the time was list them once, then if they don’t sale and I wanted to keep it, it was mine…little fella sold straight away…I think I actually mourned selling him…lol I wanted him back so bad and looked for him for 4 years before I found him again…so I have him now and won’t part with him again…Moral of the story…don’t give up…you may find one when you least expect it…Wish you the best in your search… :smile:

2 Likes

Janine by Romie Strydom- fav by far- I have a couple but waiting to paint her when I can give some time to do my best.

2 Likes

I just went and looked up Janine. She is so cute, Kristi. I can see why you like her so much.

1 Like

Like you mine was Natalie Blicks Romeo and I finally got one. He is now in my stash and will be my keeper.

1 Like

That is so wonderful!! I’m greatly happy for you, he’s a cute one.

Mine Lizzy by A Stoete! I have her now but afraid to reborn her lol

3 Likes

yes, Romeo Blick

1 Like

I looked up the kit and he is gorgeous. I can definietly see why you would want him, but $800 for just a kit?

1 Like

I would probably feel the same way! Lol mostly because I am new to the reborning concept and so far, I am terrible at it!

Scalping is unfortunate, but I guess it happens in every hobby of the sculpt is popular. I hope I don’t find a Romeo kit for that price. I understand if it’s an already painted doll, but a kit…wow!

1 Like

Breyona by Charisse Faraut is a doll I discovered only after the kit was not available anymore. In one stage I actively looked for it, but I have also learned that often the real thing does not come up to the expectations. Take Krista, it was a love at first sight for me. But it is an expensive kit with dear shipping, so it was a little while before I allowed myself to have one. And I was disappointed with several details. I could not properly fit eyes in her. I tried 1/2 round acrylic, full round Lauschaer, oval glass; they all left a gap somewhere. Not to mention her toes…

I also was frantic to get Livia by GL, and ended up paying about $400 for the kit! I bought her from Germany, and did not calculate the currency conversion correctly … ooops I am sort of happy I have her, but in fact I much prefer her little sister Lilian. LOL

1 Like

I think that was Hope, I did several of them; loved that little face with newborn only just opened eyes, but her limbs were absolutely awful; and looked out of proportion.
Last time I looked Ch.W. still had Hope kits.

Here are pics of the kit:
Hope

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the same kit, I remember when I was a member over there I sent her a pm and Cheryl Weber is the sculptor or that’s what’s sticking in my head anyways. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to add pics but let’s see if it will let me…

3 Likes

No it is not the same. This was one of my Hopes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now mine Michelle by Evelina Wosnjuk, Victoria (girl), and Faith by Shawn Clymer. I just found all of these on Ebay I am watching until payday.

1 Like

So cute!!! It almost looks like an Webb OOAK to me.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s it!! Webb, I guess that’s why I was thinking Weber! It’s been a few years since I asked about it.

2 Likes