Got Cuddles listed ~ please watch & cheer her on!

http://www.reborns.com/item/53922

Got her relisted so now she’s @ both places…I feel SO utterly global now. :blush:

3 Likes

Oh Karen, that’s so funny! I guess I’m global too then.

3 Likes

I list some of mine on Ebay and my website and also in a local publication from time to time…I just put in my Ebay auction that I reserve the right to pull the auction at any time as the baby is listed in several other places and may sell elsewhere…It keeps you from having any problem customers on Ebay if you did have sales in 2 places at once (was a Director of Medical Records for about 9 years in my past life…lol and you learn - document, document, document…it always saves lots of hassles down the track) . :wink:

3 Likes

Oh, yes, I’m all about documentation after being a preschool director for 14 years.

I just thought Ebay had a policy against listing in other places ~ don’t they have a policy against pretty much everything??? Didn’t want to be banned from the kingdom, that sort of thing.

You just reminded me ~ I have a website and will list her there, too. Thanks! :blush:

3 Likes

Heehee…so true! You are so funny…you always make me smile! :smile:

2 Likes

Karen, I was looking at your pictures of Cuddles on reborns.com. I think you should try moving the picture that’s above the before and after pic so it shows on the first page. You can see her better in that one. jmo

I just went and tried to move the pics but it won’t let me. Not sure why, unless it’s because there are bids – but it hasn’t reached reserve yet to I’m not sure. I will do it, though, if I have to relist her. Thanks for the suggestion! I’m starting to think she’s cursed.

(((HUGS)))

Are there bids on reborns.com?

No bidding on reborns.com ~ just a buy it now option

I’m having the same problem with my Presley. I keep moving the photos around on reborns.com. I even lowered the price as far as I’m willing to go and she just won’t move. I’m not even getting the clicks I usually do . I think I’m doing a new photo shoot if the weather is nice today, I have two more dolls to photograph so I guess I better charge up the camera now. The funny thing is, the babies that were not as nice as this one sold like hotcakes. My husband said that it has been shown that when things get too realistic people start to notice the things that are not real more easily and are put off by it. I guess that has happened in the animation industry.

1 Like

I think it is the market in general at the moment…I was a district/retail manager for over 25 years and retail cycles…There are lots of things that effect it…like holidays when people spend money on family outings and cook outs, etc then there is the start up season for school when money goes to get kids situated with new clothes and things, you have summer holidays when people take vacations with their families and all sorts of things like that…Sales usually slow from mid January - early March then pick up for a while…they drop off again by the end of May and don’t really pick up again till mid July to early September…then you have a pretty full on sales period through till a bit after Christmas…I have found that reborn dolls do tend to cycle around those sorts of things too… Especially around times that involve ’ the kids’ as moms are the ones who take care of the kids needs and are the buyers of reborns…Reborn “preferences” cycle too as you will notice sleepers will be popular for a while and then open eyed one…over all…reborns have been out for a very long time and like most ‘fads’ eventually the regular consumer will lose some interest in them and it will be a market that will remain predominantly for collectors, first time buyers who are just entering the market, etc…I think reborns will always sell but it will be a more ‘selective’ market…just my opinion based on what experience I have…for what it is worth…
Just a tip as well…If you get into doing custom orders, you will find that you stay pretty busy year round…I usually stay booked up about 3 months in advance so can sort of pace myself to keep steady sales through the whole year…

5 Likes

That was a great market analysis. Thanks. I’m going to copy it into my notebook so i can plan my listings because I think it’s right on!

2 Likes

Helen, just set it and forget it! I’ve had a couple of mine sit on Reborns.com and now I have two people discussing payment options on the same doll. The right mommy just hasn’t stopped by, yet. :slight_smile:

Yeah, okay, but I think I will do a new photoshoot. That one was kind of blah except for the pictures with the flowers. And i’m afraid those might look funereal…sigh. I spend too much time obsessing about this stuff.

1 Like

I loved the pics with the flowers. I was sorry to see them go.

Oh, they are still there, just down further, but I think I’ll put them back. I can’t resist moving stuff around, LOL. I’m glad you liked the flower pix. I do too. I’m not a photographer, but they came out nice.