Good news I do have the 42 gage needles w/ 3 bars

The good news I just got back home from my evening outing ,as I need it to get for a bit to take a break from rooting lol :joy:.

But I decided it to look at my rooting needles that my friend send me to see what type of needles I have .i do know that it’s an 42 gage needles ,wish am glad some of you all told me to stick to the 42 gage needles that has 2 or 3 bars since am a beginner, woohoo :raised_hands: lol :joy:. Any who

Now I did notice 2 little short rooting needles does anyone knows what type of needles are this ,and do you all think :thinking: it’s the 42 gage needless ? ,she send me 7 needles and only have 3 big ones left and this 2 little ones that you see on your screen :tv:,I never seen this type of tiny needles before,and their not broken or anything like that ,am just curious if they consider an 42 gage needles this tiny as well ,am still learning about rooting and adding skin tones to flesh tones and ext lol :joy:,but I was just wondering if any body knows about this 2 tiny rooting needles,I can always ask my friend ,as the was the one that send it to me ,until I get some more needles in 3 weeks if none of my 42 gage needles can survive this long ugh :weary: lol :joy:,thanks everyone for helping me and giving me advice ,I do appreciated very much ,hugs and love :heart: :+1::slight_smile::+1:

The short ones are pre-cut to fit in certain rooting tools

1 Like

Oh ok for the Mushroom rooting tool ,ok I get now thank you ,that I don’t have ,I might get the mushroom rooting tool from BB ,does it work pretty good ,I have the wooden rooting tool ,but that keeps coming off ,that is why I have the regular rooting tool from Michael craft store my friend pass it down to me ,to try out ,thank you for telling me about this tiny rooting needles,:heart::heart:

I used the mushroom tool at first, then switched to just the pink coated needles with no tool.
I did like the tool but cant angle my needle as well as I can with just the pink needle to mono root directional at an angle

1 Like

You’re missing a piece from your pen. If you’re rooting with it like that it might be part of the problem. I love the pink coated needles but they don’t fit in the pen so I made my own tool with InstaMorph Moldable Plastic. I can make it fat or thin, flat or round, or anything else I can come up with. Using just the needle hurts my hands.

1 Like

Are you talking about this pink gadgets? , I do have it here ,I was watching a video on YouTube how to use it ,should I go ahead and add it on the pink felpet pen :pen:? To keep rooting on my 42 gage needle ? Let me know what I was doing wrong :blush::blush:

The mushroom rooting tool is the best one for me.

2 Likes

Glad you found some needles. I hope this helps with your rooting problems. Also keep the head warm and it cuts down on breaking the needles. Go in slow at an angle and it makes the hair lay down better. Always point your needle towards the crown of the head.

1 Like

1 Like

I use it too. It’s easier on the hand for arthritis.

1 Like

Cool :sunglasses:

Yes, that’s the missing piece. Slip it over the needle and twist it onto the white part. I think you’ll find your needles will last longer before breaking.

1 Like

Ok thanks

If too much of your needle is showing it allows the needle to ‘flex’ too much and that causes breakage. Your needle needs to enter the head and exit the head without bending. Bending causes breakage. You might want to try just using the needle with a rubber band wrapped around it (for you fingers to grip) OR buy the Heavenly Illusions needle, they are awesome. Good luck.

1 Like

Ok thank you :blush:,that sure makes a lot of sense ,as matter of fact ,I did use the 42 gage needle with out the rooting tool ,and it work ,thank you for the idea of using rubber bands ,as I was using scatch Tape to get a better grip on my fingers ,but I like this idea will do that on my next rooting part 3 tomorrow, had to fix a little boo boo in my error on her lip ,some how it got rub off ,but it’s fixable :+1::wink::+1: