Gluing hair in😣

I was using e6000 to glue my rooted hair in. I used some aleenes glue with the e6000.

1. Is there another glue to use?
  2. How long does it take for the glue to dry? I put it in Sunday night. Is it a way I can speed up the drying?

Put it in front of a fan to dry quicker.

1 Like

I use Gem-Tac. Sometimes (if I’m in a hurry) I roll up some construction paper into a cone, stick the little end in the neck hole, and put a small fan at the other end. It seems to help get more air inside the head and dry the glue quicker.

4 Likes

I don’t know why my brain didn’t think of that. I thought about a dryer, but thought that would make it melt. Thank you.

Thank you I’m gonna do that tonight.

1 Like

You’re welcome, it works overnight for me.

1 Like

I think you can dehydrate the glue if you have a nuwave often. I saw Kim from custom doll baby do it.

Edited to add: I think the setting was 1 or something like that to dehydrate. Glue dries within hours.

1 Like

Oh ok, I’m gonna go, and check it out. Thanks

1 Like

I use gem tac and often stick the head in the nuwave. Wet down the hair and bake for the normal 9 minutes at 265 then let cool and bake again. Then if it’s not completely dry it dries the rest of the way overnight and I assemble the next morning. Before I used the nuwave it would take like 3 days to dry :confounded: it was awful!

2 Likes

Thanks, yes it does take days to dry. I’m gonna do the fan tonight. If it’s not dry tomorrow, then I’ll do the oven tomorrow.

I use Liquitex Matte Gel or Ultra Matte Gel. I used e600 at first but it pulled the hair out as I was putting it in. I let it dry overnight in front of the fan.

3 Likes

I use Modpodge but it takes a couple of days to dry. Ive used the tacky glue as well but thats even slower.

1 Like

Your welcome. It drys pretty fast.

1 Like

I use gem tac as well and put it on a fan.

1 Like

I’ve had 2 heads in front of the fan since last night. I’ll go check them in about an hour.

Maybe use the cool setting on the hair dryer a bit…

I use Allene’s Tacky glue and if I’m in a hurry I use a blow dryer on low heat with the head lying on its side and the dryer about a foot away. I used to use the E6000 on the hair but it had such a chemical smell to it. Now, I only use it to glue the eye flap and the magnet for the pacifier.

1 Like

I too use the Liquitex Matte Gel, it dries quicker than any of the others.

3 Likes

@Estelle85

I use a hair dryer on low heat. I situate the dryer where it blows right into the head for a few hours. Works great )