Glue for sticking hair on

What glue will work to stick hair to the vinyl? Vinyl has been painted, sealed and varnished and I want to glue hair to the back of the ears as I couldn’t root them due to the vinyl there being too thick. I have a gemstone glue, industrial strength PVA (Elmers), Mod Podge (not exactly but I can make a PVA and water mix which I believe is the same thing) and Aleene’s Tacky Glue. Are any of them going to be suitable? Or if not what would be? Not e6000 if possible or a hot glue gun as I’ll end up with a hot mess using one of those :joy:.

2 Likes

You could try adhering it with an air dry varnish. I’ve done it before with American Soft touch. I put down a little, pounced it with a sponge so there were no brushstrokes, stuck the hair into it, and then added more varnish when it was dry to “seal” it on. Other stuff might work but i would worry about it being really shiny?

Ooh I’ve gotten Americana varnish, not soft touch though, the dura-clear satin one. I’ve actually just put it on yesterday to seal the paint! Will it work the same? Could I go apply another coat over it and stick the hair to it this time? I don’t want to put anything over the hair afterwards as I want it fluffy so being shiny isn’t a problem, just need it to stick in place securely.

Im not sure, I have only used the soft touch. I would try it on a spare part and see if it gives you the effect you want

Beacons spray adhesive is super for sticking mohair to vinyl…$5 or $6 dollars at Amazon…dries fast and no mess…

1 Like

Thanks Gale but I can’t find that adhesive in the UK unfirtunately. Think I’ll try the Tacky Glue, it seems to stick to most things including fur fabric. As the vinyl is now painted and sealed is it technically not gluing directly on vinyl now so should be more likely to adhere?

Great…sure it will work fine🤗