Glass beads search

I am needing more glass beads. This is the best price I can find for the size I use. But it says it is off white, but the photo does not look that color. Maybe it’s a microscopic look…
Has anyone used this company?

Doesn’t look like ground glass is the same as glass beads. Looks like it would be jaggy and crunchy

2 Likes

I was wondering if they might be different. Do the beads get tumbled is that why they are not jagged?

I don’t know how it’s done but that sounds good to me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your help. :grin:

1 Like

Abrasive armory on eBay is where I get mine. You want MIL 3, 20-30 sieve. 25 lbs is $39.95 + $12.95 shipping. 10 lbs is $22.95 + $6.95 shipping. I wouldn’t use the ones pictured. They look too rough.

4 Likes

I buy them from Abrasive armory on eBay also in 3 MIL.

2 Likes

I was surprised at how much they went up in price since the end of last year. So I was kind of shopping around to find it closer to the old prices.
This receipt is drop abrasive armoury

2 Likes

I guess they found out we were using them for reborning. Now everyone has to pay more. People using them for sandblasting probably hate us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Have you looked around locally? I order mine locally and pick them up in the town over. It’s much cheaper. I pay about $37 for a 50lb bag.

3 Likes

no no no dont use this! the “ground” glass in blast media is just what it says ground. some pieces are sharp too. they should have glass BEAD media in different sizes too just only under bead media

3 Likes

these were some of the best in price I found!!!

1 Like

Thank you! You were right, they did have a different area for ordering the glass ‘beads’. My problem is I am not sure if their coarsest one is a large enough bead. These mesh and micron measurements are like Greek to me!

I will look into that, I live near stores that do sell product like that. Maybe they can order exactly what I need for less.

1 Like

I use the ground glass media instead of glass beads. I cannot find glass beads in Canada. It is way too expensive to pay for the exchange and shipping etc from the US. I have never have had an issue with the sharpness of the granules or anything else.

2 Likes

Do they sound louder or crunchy once your baby is all put together? Or is there no difference?

You don’t like the glass beads from Macphersons?
https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/reborn-tools-supplies/consumables/glass-beads-detail

1 Like

I am looking for the best price possible for buying in bulk like I did last time.

1 Like

That was for @danidolly because she said she couldn’t find any glass beads in Canada :wink:

I am confused by the sizing and grit…or whatever, in sandblasting medium as well. If I lived there Id buy from the same place everyone else does, here I don’t know where to buy from aside from dolly shops. I have to buy from either Puppentraumland or Dollsgarden.

1 Like

Oh, gotcha lol😉

1 Like