Getting fed up with customers!

That’s what a warranty is for. If I had bought something, and six months later returned it, stores would laugh at me. That’s why you buy, or use warranty that comes with items. Most stores say return to manufacture. Paypal…really 180 days? So you can buy something, use it return … so horrible for all business. I’m surprised Etsy has not tried to change PayPal policies with it being handcrafted items that are custom order, a lot of them.

1 Like

The no return, no refund policy means nothing to PayPal! But in your case, you saved her email saying nothing was wrong and she wanted a New one, so you are Good if she does open up a case against you, which I hope she don’t and will just go away for you!

2 Likes

They do not accept emails or photos,say they can be doctored. Not sure about videos that people do of box opening. They say they need customers more than they need sellers. Also said reborns are not custom enough, they can be resold. I argued this told them a lot of customers required babies that are 100% custom birthmarks,Portrait babies,etc. Unbelievable.Called and chatted about policies just in case.
Guess ill see if she tries to dispute.

1 Like

There are consumer protection laws, which override any policy that we come up with. You can say “no return, no refund” for change of mind, and that is fine, but if the buyer claims there is something wrong with the item then PP will refund them, unless you fight it on the grounds that it is not true. PP is just upholding the consumer law.

Yes they honor customer protection laws of course. But, gentleman on phone told me “tie goes to the buyer”. They go above and beyond for customers,he said they are trained this way. PayPal is based on consumers not sellers he said.
So keep it in mind when selling.

2 Likes

It depends on the type of the warranty; some stores have their own warranty, or they send it to be fixed. Few years back I bought a camera for about $800 with 2 years warranty, and it stopped working close to 2 years later, I took it back to the shop thinking they will send it off for repair instead they just gave me my $800 back because it is more expensive to fix it! The best thing about was that as cameras are getting better and better and cheaper and cheaper, I was able to buy better camera for less money, and came home with lovely new camera and few hundred dollars in pocket.

The problem is that, as far as I know, most manufacturers do not cover items sold on eBay, that is why PP has their own buyer protection.

Makes sense about ebay. don’t know anything about ebay policy, I’ve sold on there rarely. Guess pp and ebay go hand in hand as far as making policy??

As I said above, the PP policy is not fair to include such items as reborn dolls, and should NOT cover all items. It is ridiculous that people buying secondhand items such as clothing should be able to return it 6 months later, or people buying craft items should be able to do that. PP protection has been introduced to protect people who buy items that normally would carry warranties/guarantees when purchased from stores. Because such item as camera is expected to last longer than 6 months. Some people may argue that reborn doll played with gently should last more then 6 months too. Especially when sellers put in their description something like :“painted with GHSP, which will last for ever”.
Of-course, the PP buyer protection was introduced to make people more confident to shop on line an pay with PP.

1 Like

Well I guess I’m not the only one attracting the crazies lol Where I live every store 30 days to return an the don’t care if it’s 1 day over they will not except a return. Maybe certain items like my sons bike I bought. The brake jammed somehow when he went to stop an he went flying over the handle bars. I was so mad I think they thought I may sue them but they did exchange it. Honestly I was shocked. They have gotten very strict with returns. Wish PayPal an eBay would do the same. I had a case open last night an the lady hasn’t even received her baby yet. She said it was a unauthorized transaction!! Seriously I have at least 20 emails saying how she wanted her baby it was my layaway custom order! I just have to put her together then I was gonna ship but now I don’t know what to do. I’m to the point these people are taking all the fun out of reborning for me :frowning:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t ship until PayPal makes a decision. At least you’ll have the baby to re-sell.

4 Likes

Yes I think your right :slight_smile: thank you for the advice. Do any of you have problems like this selling on reborns or etsy? I was thinking maybe I need to try that. I just wish these people who buy them realized how much time an love an money we put into these babies. Ok gonna take @Nikkiroc advice an go take a nap lol I keep getting dizzy. I’m so ran down. Thanks again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t had any issues with my buyers on reborns.com.

1 Like

“They walk among us.”

5 Likes

Yes, the two crazies were customs that found me through reborn.com.

Oh no… They are everywhere.

2 Likes

Oh, no!!

people do not open an unauthorized transaction case, the bank does. It means that either she lost her CC, and all her transactions are stopped, or she realised somebody hacked into her account and the bank again put stop on all her transactions. So, do not panic and contact her. By a phone if possible and ask her what is going on. Obviously do not send the doll until the mess is cleared. You could also call PP and ask what to do, because these things take months to sort, and as you have not sent they will give her the money back, because they cannot fight on your behalf unless you produce a tracking.

Of-course, there is still the possibility that somebody used their mum’s CC and when she found out she stopped the payment. :frowning:

1 Like

If she’s had it 2.5 months and it was bought for her daughter my guess is that there is no way that she can return it in the condition that the baby was in when you shipped it to her. Also I doubt she has the original packing. My understanding is that to return a doll on eBay it has to be in the original packaging and must be in the condition that it was in when you shipped it. I doubt that the buyer can meet that criteria. I would refuse to take the dolls back. Also if you have within your listing that you have a no return policy that will protect you too. This sounds like buyers remorse…a bit late…

2 Likes