Genesis Paints Web Site

I’m concerned. Their web site has been down for more than a month. Just checked and it’s still not working. Unless it’s just my computer somehow. If it’s truly down, I worry they may be going out of business due to COVID. AMACO (their maker) has been struggling since COVID started. Can some of you check to see if you can get GHSP’s website to open?

http://www.genesisartistcolors.com/

It does not come up for me either. :confused:

2 Likes

Thank you for checking! I hope they haven’t gone under. That would be such a huge loss to our dolly community. I guess we can always move to air dry but I wonder how the air dry paint companies are doing, too.

It didn’t come up for me either. I emailed dollsbysandie.com. and asked her if she knew if they (AMACO) are going out of business. This is her response: ‘We have been in contact with them and orders are slow to receive they were totally shut down during mandatory shutdown and are slowly catching up, most office employees are all working from home. They are about 2-3 weeks per order now it seems. We do have many colors that have been backordered that they must have difficulty getting the pigments. We have a direct representative that we deal with, I will contact her Monday and question.’
I also emailed AMACO about the genesisartistcolors.com website but haven’t heard back yet.

3 Likes

Thank you, Jean! I contacted a company in New Zealand who distributes Genesis, and asked them if they know anything. Will see if they respond. Hopefully someone has heard something, knows something.

1 Like

Are they still located in Indianapolis? If so- things have been kind of hard here and we reopened slower than the rest of the state and have had some scaling back again.

2 Likes

Jenny, I think the AMACO label on the box I received a few weeks ago did have Indianapolis on it. I hope you all are doing better there, now. I hate how this whole situation is destroying so many areas and making things so hard for people.

2 Likes

If anyone needs paint right away, jerrysartarama.com has the 1 oz jars. They’re out of a few-not too many though.

2 Likes

I just received an email from Amaco that says they are definitely not going out of business and paints can be ordered directly from amaco.com under mixed media.

3 Likes

I tried jerrysartarama.com as well. They shipped fast, and sometimes they have offers.

That’s awesome news!!! I was sweating bullets for a while, wondering. Thanks for that info, Jean!!