Genesis over Soft Touch and Liquitex Soft Body

So if I were to have somebody do genesis painted hair over a baby that was painted with liquitex soft body paints and Americana varnish would that mess anything up? I’m afraid the heat would make the paint crack or melt or get messed up. Has this been done before?

If it has been cured for more than 2 weeks it should be fine.

1 Like

Ok, thank you!

I’ve heard people say that you can’t put genesis over air dry paints. However, I have no clue what happens if you do. Maybe try it first in a spot that isn’t that noticeable?
The paint shouldn’t get messed up if it’s been cured properly.

1 Like

I will say Jen Len from Creative Newborns uses air dry paint but she varnishes her dolls with Genesis Matte Varnish. So maybe it does work?? Maybe I should ask her :blush:

Air dry acrylics have long been used by artists as a primer for oil paints. So they will stick just fine. The issue of putting Genesis over air dry is that if the paints are not fully cured, some of them can turn orange from the heat setting of the Genesis. Ultimate Fusion is one that can. I have also found RebornFX warmer reds will turn orange if not fully cured before heat setting over them.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!
I just heard people saying ‘don’t do this’. Good to know why, haha.

1 Like

Perhaps I should also ask the Artist whom I want to paint the hair. See what her opinion is. Jen said that it won’t adhere to the air dry paints. :thinking: