Genesis Matte Varnish Changed?

They stopped selling matte.

2 Likes

This has absolutely happened to me. The last 4 babies I completed came out painfully shiny. The first baby I tried re-baking the varnish a couple times, the second baby I underbaked - it didn’t seem to matter, still very shiny. I ordered some air dry varnish from MacPherson instead.

2 Likes

Wondering why.

I have no idea. I had to end up buying the super matte from MacPherson’s I think. I mixed it with Genesis thinning medium and it works fine.

1 Like

That happened with my last baby…some spots were very rough while others were still shiny

2 Likes

K hold on let me check my paypal. I swore it was there I got it.

Edit: My mistake, the satin came from Jerry’s and the matte came from hunnybuns. Seemed like it was just a few weeks ago, but it was February. I don’t know if the formula changed but I do know the results were different from the jar I had previously, that jar was more than a year old.

2 Likes

What’s super matte? Does it make it rough feeling?

It’s no more rough than regular matte. It’s harder, which requires a little more thinner than regular. I don’t use anything but Genesis thinning medium with it only because I’ve never tried regular thinners. Imo it needs to be thinned out

1 Like

I used it straight out of the jar at first and it was incredibly rough but the hands were still shiny.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, I’ll look into it.

1 Like

same here…last baby was very shiny, I noticed on the bit of liner inside the lid it has a funny brown pattern, like it was baked or it stained. This is the first time I used the new jar, didn’t get it at BB. My BB matte varnish is still matte.

1 Like

Wondering if they messed up while processing a batch of it.

Want to share here that anyone who wants to get GHSP colors in smaller jars to try different colors or build your collection, Hunnybuns Nursery offers petite jars. And these last a long time. I have colors that I’m just starting to get to the bottom of after six years. It’s a good way to try a new color without buying a large jar.

http://hunnybunsrebornsupply.com/genesis-individual-petite-mediums-5-gm-jars/

1 Like

Just want to add an update. I contacted Jerry’s in a live chat about their not stocking Matte any more. The rep said they probably don’t carry it anymore due to it not selling, but I don’t think that’s it. I seem to recall that quite a few reborn artists have bought it there in the past. I let them know that there are many reborn artists who use it. She said she’d send an email to their product manager and then get back with me in email. I think Jerry’s usually had the best price.

3 Likes

Great. I order all of my mediums and genesis paints from them due to the larger sizes and the prices. I was sad to see the Matte was gone. Hopefully they will restock it.

1 Like

Maybe if more of us write to them, to let them know how many rely on it, they will reconsider.

1 Like