Genesis Colors Mixed with white

Hi I am looking into buying some new color choices and wanted to know if anyone knows what colors are premixed with white besides flesh tones. I am thinking phalto blue 02 and so on, pyrolle red 02 and so on but not sure. Was thinking of using them in my color washes but wanted to make sure first.

In the search bar, search for Genesis color chart. There is a chart in a listing that will give you all the ways to make different colors. There are actually very few that have white added. In real skin layers, white does not exist. Real skin colors are a combination of the three primary colors. Each skin tone differs based on the amount of each color present.

2 Likes

I’ve seen the color chart. There are many many colors not listed on that chart. That is just colors that are mixed from the genesis primary colors. I’m also looking to use and research other techniques that use white. Nothing wrong with that. I know all about the primary method and use it.

2 Likes

I mix white with any color I want to lighten. It’s never been a problem for me.

1 Like

Pretty sure the dioxide purples BB sells are premixed with white I bought both of them … 04 and 06 I think and was shocked by how pale they were. A little chalky until I learned how to use them

3 Likes

I believe that quite a few Genesis paints are mixed with white, to create different tints. The lighter the tint, the more white is added. I have most Genesis colors that reborn artists use, including different tints of magenta. If I want to avoid white in my paints, I mix only with primary colors to get the color I’m wanting.

1 Like

I don’t know if this will help you or not, or maybe you already have studied it? But at this site: http://www.genesisartistcolors.com/
they describe the paints pretty well, I think.

2 Likes