Gaberial kit looks a dead gray

I got my Gaberial today and i just ordered it 3 days ago. BUT his vinyl is not peach but a dead gray. This is the first time i got a peach kit from B,B. and got this color. So be prepaired when you get Gaberial or possibly any of the new kits
from B.B. Has anyone else gotten ttheir new kits yet? Crap i’ve never had to do a wash before and not sure how much thinner to use. I’m going to U Tube. But please help this old lady!

Thank-You. Do i make this more thinned down than i would usually thin my paints? This part is new to me.

It’s so hard for me to discribe the color. possibly a very very pale peach/tan. I will try and take a picture and post here
Wont this color be hard to match other parts with?

I was sort of disappointed with the color, too. It is that grayish color. It just means more prep. I hope the company that produced this one will be able to improve on the color. As for a wash— very, very thin. Thin is better and if you need to do more layers, better yet. Better to add more very thin layers than having to strip off paint.

yeah my 1st quality nod seemed like what you are talking about. i havent started painting him yet. i like the color of my raine that i just got, and the color of the annie i just got

You get what you pay for, these aren’t $109 dollar top quality vinyl kits, their low grade, its to be expected
They work out in the end though, just have to do more work to get them were you want
My Libby was gray, a bit of a struggle but in the end came out perfect

All i said was that i thought the new color has a gray tone to it comparied to the old color. And i think i read somewhere on this forum that even the $109 dollar kits are running into the same problem. When you never had a problem and now you do . you just ask to see if others are like that and how to fix it or is it just your eyes. And yes B.B. did mention the change of color with the new kits. I was aware of it.I guess i was just use to the old peach color. B.B has great kits and will be getting more great kits in the future. Sorry i was not complainung about B.B.

I don’t see it as a complaint against BB. It is just that it is very different from the other colors that BB has had. As for $109 kits, they aren’t any better. I have a more expensive kit and it isn’t any different than BBs kits.

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

I don’t see it as a complaint against BB. It is just that it is very different from the other colors that BB has had. As for $109 kits, they aren’t any better. I have a more expensive kit and it isn’t any different than BBs kits.

— End quote

Yeah i wouldnt stop using BB kits because of it, i just bought a Cozy and im dying for Spencer to come in
I dunno…all my 109 dollar kits blow BB away…its like comparing apples to oranges. Is a Stoete kit like a BB? not even close

I dont look at who the sculpter is but i do look at the reborners work. That’s were all the work is that makes the baby come alive. That.s what determines the cost of the doll. Not just the sculpter. But i am not going to compair $109 kits to a $39.99 for that would be compairing the artists work. Somehow it seems that this topic got twisted around. All i said was that the new kits have a grayish tone to them and that they are now a pale netural peach not the same peach color as before so be prepaird when you get this kits. Just in case someone didnt notice it in the description. I for sure didnt see it the first time cause i just looked at the picture and decided which kit i wanted.

— Begin quote from ____

all my 109 dollar kits blow BB away…its like comparing apples to oranges. Is a Stoete kit like a BB? not even close

— End quote

Actually, I think the kits here at BB’s are made out of very nice vinyl. It takes to paint very well. I honestly can’t tell the difference between their vinyl and the vinyl on the more expensive kits.

I am not a fan of the color but it causes me to have to do some experimenting and giving me another challenge. I guess that’s all part of it. This is the type of situation that brings out our artistic skills.

From the BB posting where they announced Gena and Gabriel they explained about the varying colors of vinyl. They will be doing a poll in the future to see what color people prefer. The dolls are manufactured at several companies so I imagine it is a challenge to have uniform color. Hopefully people will share their methods of painting on this color vinyl.

I have done several 69-109 dollar kits in the past and still have a few hanging around to do and wished I would have saved the money for BB kits !!!
They were NO better in any way to BB babies -in vinyl or color ,or detail and I felt very ripped off -$109 for a kit that costs them under $20 to produce is a rip off and I just will not pay it any more -thats why I stay right here now-
Are there some kits out there I would like to have ? YES but not at those prices !!!
And I have to say BB has really stepped it up alot on detail -these new kits are amazing!!!

I have reborn several peach kits from BB over the years and never had a problem with their color. I had read of other complaints about gray looking vinyl but never gotten any until I got my Blinkin. She was definitely of a slightly gray hue. It is harder to work with for sure. I like it better when the vinyl comes out peachy and not that dull color.

I just got my kit today and I thought the color looks great. I guess i need to start working on it just to see if there really is going to be a problem. It doesn’t look like it is going to take a lot of nuetralizing. But we’ll see. I will show pictures.

— Begin quote from “Cher_Simnitt”

I have done several 69-109 dollar kits in the past and still have a few hanging around to do and wished I would have saved the money for BB kits !!!
They were NO better in any way to BB babies -in vinyl or color ,or detail and I felt very ripped off -$109 for a kit that costs them under $20 to produce is a rip off and I just will not pay it any more -thats why I stay right here now-
Are there some kits out there I would like to have ? YES but not at those prices !!!
And I have to say BB has really stepped it up alot on detail -these new kits are amazing!!!

— End quote

Just got my Cozy, she has zero detailing and looks like a plain berenguer play doll
It’s going to take alot to make her look alive
There is a huge market though for dolly looking reborns, its just preference
As for her vinyl color, yeah its an odd yellowish grayish…but its light so i dont think it will be hard to cover up
Paint does adhere very well to BB kits
I have yet to be disappointed in an expensive kit, but cheaper kits i often regret, i am regretting cozy right now…looks like a toy

I have had good luck with all of my BB kits so far and the more expensive kits I have are pretty similar in quality. I would not keep a kit that I was not happy with. I think I would always have a bad vibe about the baby and never be real happy with it.

— Begin quote from “CKN”

I have had good luck with all of my BB kits so far and the more expensive kits I have are pretty similar in quality. I would not keep a kit that I was not happy with. I think I would always have a bad vibe about the baby and never be real happy with it.

— End quote

Yeah thats true
Sometimes the ones i dislike i experiment on, like i try out different techniques or colors. There have been times were i loved the kit then when i reborned it i hated it, its a hit of miss sometimes
I am lovin’ the baby in your siggy! Adorable
Is she a Didy Jackobson baby?

— Begin quote from ____

OMG!!! I just ordered a Stoete kit over the weekend. I’ve never done one before. Are they difficult to work on?

— End quote

Stoete kits are very easy to work on. My siggy picture is a Stoete kit.

[Yeah thats true
Sometimes the ones i dislike i experiment on, like i try out different techniques or colors. There have been times were i loved the kit then when i reborned it i hated it, its a hit of miss sometimes
I am lovin’ the baby in your siggy! Adorable
Is she a Didy Jackobson baby?]

Thanks, My siggy is didy jacobsen’s Jackie, One of the dolls I hated to part with
Linda