Fur baby thread!

You are close. Half poodle/half Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

2 Likes

Oh I could just squeeze her. She’s a wonderful sizs :heart:

Grand fur baby, Brynn. Papillon/ chuawawa / rat terrier mix ( 8 lbs) her foster mom sold her to us as a fundraiser for the shelter and to help with the other foster animals she had. Her 3rd Birthday is Tuesday.

And
Selah, 6 yr old lab/border collie mix.(80 lbs) owner didn’t want her at 6 mo. So she gave her to us💕

My other Grand fur babies, Prim and Thyme (sisters, 1 yr old):smiley_cat::smile_cat: rescued from a shelter.
Sorry pic won’t load…

15 Likes

Thanks! She is slightly bigger now, but she is soooo fluffy! She feels like angelsilk lol. I searched and searched for dogs that are good with kids, and this is what we came up with. She’s a baby lover for sure!

3 Likes

Selah looks so joyful!

2 Likes

OK, Tessa! You have opened a can of worms – good worms! :slight_smile: I can only find this one of my baby. I know I have a lot of others. If I can find some of them later I will post, but I want to share my Lola. She, too, is a rescue. We always get rescues as they are not going to have a home if someone doesn’t take them. But, I have had her 10 years this past April. She does love me and stays by my feet on my chair. But, she loves men better. I think she must have been abused by a female as she is skittish of me picking her up. She has allowed me to pick her up a little lately. Anyway, she is a Chi, and I love her.

16 Likes

Happy upcoming birthday to Brynn and a hello to sweet Selah

1 Like

Thank you. Clover looks so soft and snuggly! I love all of the fur babies! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Awww, such cuties!

Love Lola!:two_hearts:

Oh your Lola looks so sweet. Good for you for rescuing.
There seems to be a lot of us on here that foster or have rescued. I think that’s so neat

Thank you.

Yes, I think folks who love to make babies seem to love animals, too. There are so many funny stories about Lola and other dogs we have had. It would take so long to tell them, and I am sure everyone else has the same – so many stories about their fur babies. :slight_smile: I have to say I had a rescue (from the side of the road) that was a Rat Terrier. The Rat Terrier mix here looks so much like she did. We also had another dog, not sure what kind but she was a small breed, and then I got a puppy from the rescue. The puppy was really a baby. One day soon after I got the baby, they were in the yard and the older dog was pushing the baby into a small hole (I am not sure if she dug it) and then was putting the dirt over her! LOLOL I think she did not want a new fur baby! LOLOL It was SO funny. Of course, we saved the baby before she could be harmed.

5 Likes

I lost my beautiful big baby Eve more than a year ago, but she was the sweetest. She took care and feed out girl Gaby after we found her at our backyard.

These is Gaby her adopted daughter. She is my daughters shadow. She spends her days following her around. When my daughter is not home she sleeps in her room untill 2 then she goes to the window to wait for her to come home from school.

A month after finding Gaby we found Tiger. They are both girls. :slight_smile: Tiger was so small when we found her that the vet told us not to waist our money taking her to the vet. The vet told me to try to feed her and if she sorvived 3 days them it would be worth taking her to the vet. Eve try to get her to feed from her we try bottles, but nothing got her to drink milk. However her big sisters food did the trik she was as small as my hand, couldn’t walk but she atact the plate of food. :grin:
Now she is our fat girl.

I know most of you have furry babies, but I have reptiles too. The green guy with Tiger is Galaban. I had Green iguanas at PR, so I toght it was going to be easy to have one here too. Big mistake! I had to cut off one of his toes the other day :tired_face: They are a lot of maintance here.
I also have a bearded dragon that was given to me as a baby because the previous owner thaught it was going to die.
He didn’t die :flushed:
And our latest refuge is Billy

He is a dwarf goat

As you can see we are te place to droup unwanted animals :grin:
A few years ago my sister brough me some unwated classroom pets. Now I have a colony.

Madagascar roaches

14 Likes

Borh of mine are rescues.

This is Tigger. We got him at 4 months old and he just turned 13 in April.

This is Nippy our 12 lb shih tzu. We call him Nip. He is 2 1/2. We got him when he was a year old.

18 Likes

:joy:
Wayyyy back in the day I was a nanny to two little boys. I plopped the 5mth infant on a playmat in the living and went in the kitchem to prepare his bottle. When I got back to the living baby and saw the two-year old dragging blanket with baby on it behind the couch. Out of sight. Out of mind. Lol

5 Likes

I also notice that most of us have rescue pets too. We are so different but have so mush in common that is why it is so nice to be part of this forum. :heart:

3 Likes

I think the Shih Tzu is one of the sweetest dogs ever! I would love to have one when Lola is no longer with me. But, I don’t have the energy to train a puppy. The upkeep of their coat, etc. But, they are just so sweet. My son’s roommate has one. One day when we went over there, I got on the porch and that sweet puppy literally leapt into my arms. I had to hurry and catch her so she wouldn’t fall! :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOLOLOL! That is just too funny. I would love to have seen it.

What a lovely tread, I am very much a fur baby mommy. I currently lost my oldest baby on the 10th of this month. He was 12 years old and our very first fur baby. Its so hard to be without him, We miss him so much. He was a lil guy, 5lbs…he was a yorkie/Maltese mix. R.I.P Gizzy, my sweet baby.

13 Likes