Funny client story

I had called my mom a couple days ago. My mom lives in an apartment building where only seniors are allowed. One of the residents purchased a baby from me last summer. When I had sold her the doll, I was afraid she might regret her decision (buyer’s remorse, or concern about finances, etc.) and as she is my mother’s friend and quite elderly, I was concerned. It was her first reborn and I would have taken the baby back if she had regretted it. So, a little while back, I had asked my mom if the lady was happy with her baby, and my mom said something along the lines of “Are you kidding? She loves it!” Then another time she told me she had been showing it off in the large common room they have in the main lobby to play games. Then came the funny/cute part when I spoke to my mom this week. Her friend named the baby after me! I was surprised but I thought it was sweet. I guess I won’t be getting that doll back. :smile:

25 Likes

Awwwww…very sweet…!!.. :grinning:

1 Like

Isn’t it great to know that someone loves their baby that much?? What a sweet story.

2 Likes

Oh how sweet! What a lovely lady.

1 Like

Love a happy ending !!

1 Like

So sweet! I thought you were going to say that someone complained she had a baby in her apartment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses. I also heard her daughter was glad she bought her. She said she’d heard about baby dolls being good for the elderly and thought she was beautiful. Her granddaughter has asked that her grandmother pass the baby down to her (she’s an adult).

I just had to share with people who understand. :relieved:

4 Likes

Beautiful story…Love hearing these…It makes the art all the more worth while doesn’t it!

1 Like

That’s a sweet story, how cute!

1 Like

That’s so sweet. Very touching to know that a wonderful elderly lady is getting to enjoy a reborn. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the responses, everyone!!

@westernstarr It certainly does.

That would have been hilarious! Imagine getting threatened with being kicked out for having a baby in a retirement apartment at the age of 87 - she’d be on the nightly news for sure!

3 Likes