Frustrated! Eyebrows

I’m so frustrated. I have been trying for over 2 hours to do eyebrows and I give up
I have tried the prisma pencil but the color is not right, so then I tried the bb eyebrow blonde and no matter how hard I try I can’t get the lines fine enough even though I am using a very thin brush and hardly any paint. If I dilute the paint then it kind of blends out when I apply it and if I use straight form the jar it goes on too heavy even when I am almost wiping it off on a paper towel.
I’m going to leave it for today as I have given myself a headache.
Any suggestions on how to get those very fine faint lines?

Hi Sharron, Leave it for a bit and work on something else just take a break–sometimes that’s all it you need ;0) Been there…

use a q-tip and dab lightly after is sits for a minute. that will lighten it up. I am talking about when you use paint, not pencil. have never used the pencil. I mix my paint with a bit of thinning medium so it isn’t so runny and doesn’t blend in when i paint it on. use a super fine brush with only a few hairs. Hope that helps.

Becky just re-did Milo’s lashes and they are perfect…she knows what she’s talking about.

Then I vote we all send our heads to Becky for eyebrows and keep her busy and give ourselves less stress! It’s either that or we convince every reborn artist and buyer that babies don’t need eyebrows. Come to think of it, why did God give us eyebrows? Eyelashes keep dust out of our eyes. What purpose do eyebrows serve? On my dad, I would have said shade but most of us don’t have huge thick eyebrows! LOL! When he died, mom made the undertaker promise not to trim them or comb them down so he would look like himself! So what is the real reason for eyebrows?

— Begin quote from “CindyM”

Becky just re-did Milo’s lashes and they are perfect…she knows what she’s talking about.

— End quote

awwww thanks so much! that is very sweet!

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

Then I vote we all send our heads to Becky for eyebrows and keep her busy and give ourselves less stress! It’s either that or we convince every reborn artist and buyer that babies don’t need eyebrows. Come to think of it, why did God give us eyebrows? Eyelashes keep dust out of our eyes. What purpose do eyebrows serve? On my dad, I would have said shade but most of us don’t have huge thick eyebrows! LOL! When he died, mom made the undertaker promise not to trim them or comb them down so he would look like himself! So what is the real reason for eyebrows?

— End quote

i just saw this!! LOL!!! you are too funny!!! i get just as frustrated as everyone else with those stinkin eyebrows LOL! I have gotten lucky with the last 2 babies

Guess what? I finally did the eyebrows today, YAY!!
I posted in work in progress but here they are:

What do y’all think?
I had to do them freehand in the end because when I did the guidelines I just couldn’t get it right.
I did a few strokes and when I was happy with the way they looked I baked, then when it cooled down I added more stokes. They actually show up darker in the photo then they really are, they are hardly noticable on the doll itself, which is what I wanted. I’m so happy
Thanks for all your help girls.

They look very good. Glad you worked through your frustration. The brush I use has about three or four hairs. I cut all the rest off. I also do my eyebrows holding the head upside down. I also use two or three colors. It helps give depth. You are off to a great start!! Bring on the next baby’s eyebrows!!

Doing good.
Dianne

Super duper brows!

Thank you for you kind comments.
Funny they show up much more in the photos than in real life.

For those barely there baby brows, I cut all the Hairs out of a brush except for one or two. Wet it lightly with mineral oils. Then brush it on the paint directly for one dark hair. Then with a second cut brush that has 10 hairs, moistened lightly with just mineral oils stroke over the line. This will lighten it. (Ignore my Holly’s complexion, she is a WIP)
I did this in 5 mins, of course you will take your time and make it look better…

Repeat!

Looks sparse Repeat, until satisfied.

Like I said I did Holly’s brows in 5 mins, you would take your time. When you like them, bake! As long as you don’t bake them you can wipe them off and start over.
After baking, you can go over them with satin varnish to give them a 3-D look like my Sienna’s.

Oops! I just missed the update. Your brows look great, lol.

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

— End quote

Eyebrows are to divert perspiration so that it doesn’t go in your eyes… And Sharron, your eyebrows look great… you can teach others how to do it now!!

— Begin quote from “Iansmommie”

For those barely there baby brows, I cut all the Hairs out of a brush except for one or two. Wet it lightly with mineral oils. Then brush it on the paint directly for one dark hair. Then with a second cut brush that has 10 hairs, moistened lightly with just mineral oils stroke over the line. This will lighten it. (Ignore my Holly’s complexion, she is a WIP)
I did this in 5 mins, of course you will take your time and make it look better…

Repeat!

Looks sparse Repeat, until satisfied.

Like I said I did Holly’s brows in 5 mins, you would take your time. When you like them, bake! As long as you don’t bake them you can wipe them off and start over.
After baking, you can go over them with satin varnish to give them a 3-D look like my Sienna’s.

— End quote

Thanks for that, the photos are so helpful.
What are the mineral spirits? and when you say go over with satin varnish, is this just a regular air dry varnish that you would buy in a DIY store or special reborn varnish that is heat set?
Thanks