Frozen

I am baby frozen. I have quite a few babies ALMOST finished. But I can’t move. I get to where I am so happy with them… And and afraid to mess up in the final stages. Nails, gloss, eyebrows, varnish, rooting hair. Seriously, panic stricken. I have been trying for days to shake it off and I can’t do it. I won’t let myself start any more until I finish my current babies. I say to myself, that I’m 2 busy… But I’m not 2 busy to be on the forum 80 times a day. Has anyone else ever been here? How did you shake it off???

4 Likes

Start with the eyebrows. Once you get them done it starts to show the personality. More incentive to finish the other things.

3 Likes

Just finish one at a time now that you have them to this point, move on to the next, to overwhelming to try and finish all at same time. then like washing hair rinse and repeat lol

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that- that’s the way I am with paintings! It really is hard to shake off. I usually try to take baby steps, no pun intended. I’ll start with little details and work myself up to the bigger parts. If you have a baby that’s closer to being finished than the others maybe you could try working on that one. I hope you’re able to become unstuck! It can take awhile sometimes, at least for me. I’m sure they’ll turn out beautifully!

2 Likes

I just always mess everything up in the end!!! It’s just lately. I have so much anxiety that I screw up. It took me all day to set the magnet for savannahs Paci!!! But, I did it. I have to force myself to start rooting Leah’s head. I’m seriously nervous. Like… Can’t do it nervous. It’s soooo stupid, I know!!!

1 Like

I go thru this all the time I still have like 20 babies incomplete in some stage I’ve told myself no more kits till they get done so I feel u

2 Likes

Nikki, try rooting a head. That’ll keep you busy and moving forward.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you ladies. You know what I did so I wouldn’t have to do eyebrows? I got all ready to go to the store… Then ordered everything online!!! So, I have my excuse!!! Lame!!! But… I have no excuse not to root Leah. I’ll start in the back. After I have a glass of wine!! This is tough but I feel like I can’t let you guys down. I can do it!! :scream::grin::scream:

3 Likes

Nikki, If I was you I would put them ALL AWAY. Pick out only 1 and keep it on your work table until it is done !! I only work on 1 baby at a time for that reason. I MAKE myself root before I go on to the next. I will start a new baby as long as I have about at least half a head of my rooting done. Then I can take a break from rooting and go paint for a few minutes then back to rooting. I know if I tried to do it any other way I would wind up with a ton of babies waiting for hair and that is too intimidating… Just jump in on one at a time till you get them all done. It’ll happen !!!

2 Likes

I love this advice. And that’s how the magnet was set. Lmao lmao :wink:

1 Like

Lynn. Your right. One on the table. One. It’s intimidating when you have 6 heads staring at you!!! I am so adhd!!! I just hate it:-( ok, varnish savannahs limbs. Then Leah’s rooting!!! Then… They will both be finished!! Oh… That’s not one. Lmao. Geez. Lololol :flushed:

2 Likes

I am varnishing savannahs limbs!!! Lol

2 Likes

You go girl, that’s the way to get it done!!! 1 at a time. Don’t let your self get swayed into starting any more, even if you want to. FOCUS !!

2 Likes

I only work on one also. I tried two this last time and it just gets to be too much. Good luck girlie!

1 Like

I’m going to hobby lobby now. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! I amazing myself!!! Lololol I will get Savannah put together today! And then… Start rooting Leah. Enough is enough! I just needed to tell you guys and get it off my mind I guess. After hearing you, I sparked right up! :smiley::flushed:

3 Likes

Lolololol finished varnish and glossing of nails.:smiley:

3 Likes

I knew you could do it Nik. One at a time and you won’t be overwhelmed. Pretty soon you’ll have all the babies done and you’ll be starting on a brand new kit !! But FINISH ALL THE OTHERS FIRST !!!

1 Like

Okokok it’s hard!!! They are calling me from the kit crate!!!:scream: but… I am making myself follow your advice! Thanks Cali!!!:smiley::heart:

2 Likes

I don’t know what I would do with you Lynn! You keep me on track!